Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / Opioid Receptors

Opioid Receptors

By rdomain on June 3, 2018 6:25 am

Modular synth performance.  No edits. 


This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
June 4, 2018 10:32 am

such a transparent sound. very good quality.

June 4, 2018 3:30 pm

WOW! Where's the off-ramp?

June 5, 2018 11:03 am

Very intriguing sound

June 5, 2018 5:01 pm

I love those pretty cables!  I was just thinking I need to get fun instrument/microphone cables.

Your modular game is off the CHAIN!  (was that a good modular pun? wink )

This beat is devastating, and I love all the variation.  Not sure how you can keep all those cables straight in your mind, but it's really impressive to me.  Big fan of this track.

June 10, 2018 2:59 pm

the soundtrack to swimming inside a nervous system!  cool piece!

June 11, 2018 12:15 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

such a transparent sound. very good quality.

Jim Wood wrote:

WOW! Where's the off-ramp?

Avarine wrote:

Very intriguing sound

orangedrink wrote:

I love those pretty cables!  I was just thinking I need to get fun instrument/microphone cables.

Your modular game is off the CHAIN!  (was that a good modular pun? wink )

This beat is devastating, and I love all the variation.  Not sure how you can keep all those cables straight in your mind, but it's really impressive to me.  Big fan of this track.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

the soundtrack to swimming inside a nervous system!  cool piece!


Thanks for listening and commenting!

June 17, 2018 1:00 pm

What does the pink module do? Really digging on the beats in this one.

June 25, 2018 11:59 am
Ryan wrote:

What does the pink module do? Really digging on the beats in this one.

The pink modules (there's actually 2 of them together) are Seb's creations.  They're great!  One is a hex sequencer which is binary based in it's calculations.  Very cool for generative sequences and unique recurring note patterns also.  The other is a chance gate with 4 independent outs based off of the same amount of chance yet independent in their outcomes. I'm using the Chance Gate for the kick and snare elements of the beat which I control the amount of chance manually and the sequencer is controlling the plucked tones.  The separate outs of each tape head from the Magneto is controlling the timing of the Hex Sequencer.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up