Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / I Wave and I Smile

I Wave and I Smile

By rdomain on November 14, 2020 11:13 pm

Software based composition using midi polyphonic expression.  Comprising of two tracks which were both improvised via the Roli Seaboard Block controlling the Equator software.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

November 16, 2020 12:33 am

I liked how there were parts that were near silent and how they contrasted with some of the louder moments.  A nice abstract exploration with lots of dynamics.

November 16, 2020 12:57 am

Love this, man. Really cool stuff as always.

November 16, 2020 9:28 am

brilliant and natural sound. great art. a wonderland of musical performance.

November 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Sinister sounding strings and really cool use of the Roli block.  This takes me back to some of those wintry scenes in "The Shining".

November 22, 2020 5:50 am

The main instrument made me feel uncomfortable but in a good way. Then the serene bells came in and I felt like I was in bliss. Then the detuned strings came back and made me anxious again.

Bringing out this rollercoaster of emotions in one song is some talent.

December 13, 2020 11:38 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Thanks!  I'm definitely a fan of dynamics.  MPE is perfect for that especially with the Roli board.

hent03 wrote:

Love this, man. Really cool stuff as always.

Thanks Hengtee!  smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

brilliant and natural sound. great art. a wonderland of musical performance.

Ah thanks heaps!

Tone Matrix wrote:

How good is the Shining!  So good.  And thanks!

danju wrote:

Bringing out this rollercoaster of emotions in one song is some talent.

Thank you very much.  Appeciated!