Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / Erosion of Time

Erosion of Time

By rdomain on January 2, 2018 1:12 pm

One take performance on the Buchla Music Easel with an Industrialectric RM-1N reverb/gain pedal.

Video performance available at https://youtu.be/ILH7SBoRH2k

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
January 8, 2018 1:01 am

Is that the real synth hardware or software version?  Sounds brutal!

January 8, 2018 1:54 am

I can vouch for the fact that it is the real hardware. This guy has more money than sense.

January 8, 2018 2:05 am

I'm a big fan of its lower register. The detuned bass is totally brutal and sounds great

January 8, 2018 2:45 am

Wow. Way to start the new year!

January 8, 2018 4:26 am

Beefy!

January 8, 2018 6:31 am
NWSPR wrote:

Is that the real synth hardware or software version?  Sounds brutal!

The real synth hardware.  Check the link in the description and thanks! 

Ryan wrote:

I can vouch for the fact that it is the real hardware. This guy has more money than sense.

More synth than cents more like it.


Brackleforth wrote:

I'm a big fan of its lower register. The detuned bass is totally brutal and sounds great

I LOVE the bass tones of this synth (and the rest too smile )

Jim Wood wrote:

Wow. Way to start the new year!


Thanks matey!

license wrote:

Beefy!


Cheers!  Hard to beat that analog circuitry.  heart

January 8, 2018 9:58 am

I like your music

January 8, 2018 10:34 am

monumental spaceshipmusic in the air. WOW.

January 8, 2018 11:43 am
Bellebushka wrote:

I like your music

Thank you kind person.

January 8, 2018 10:05 pm

Cortini on steroids. No less good than what I would expect...looking forward to more.

January 8, 2018 10:13 pm

Inevitable singularity.

January 9, 2018 6:49 am

Suhweet!  Gotta love that gritty synth sound the Buchla has.  Those clashing yet not clashing notes are awesome.  Alessandro Cortini would approve (at least thats my fav buchla user) smile  Nice work!

January 9, 2018 8:10 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

monumental spaceshipmusic in the air. WOW.


Thanks!

January 9, 2018 8:12 am
sinewave wrote:

Cortini on steroids. No less good than what I would expect...looking forward to more.


Awesome.  Happy with that description.  haha.  Cheers, there will be more Buchla for sure!  big_smile

January 9, 2018 10:41 am
Coauctor wrote:

Inevitable singularity.


Cheers!


Tone Matrix wrote:

Suhweet!  Gotta love that gritty synth sound the Buchla has.  Those clashing yet not clashing notes are awesome.  Alessandro Cortini would approve (at least thats my fav buchla user) smile  Nice work!

Excellent! I'd be happy with Cortini approval  smile  And yep, I LOVE the Buchla tone.  So good.  Cheers!

January 9, 2018 6:16 pm

Very cool. So glad you included the video.

January 10, 2018 3:41 am
disquiet wrote:

Very cool. So glad you included the video.

Thanks.  I'm going to try keep up the video aspect if it's a one take performance.  smile

January 10, 2018 11:15 pm

The video was very helpful as I had no idea how those things work.  Very fitting track title!

January 13, 2018 1:52 am
orangedrink wrote:

The video was very helpful as I had no idea how those things work.  Very fitting track title!


Glad it helped.  This week's coming will help even more!  Lots of oddities.  big_smile

January 14, 2018 3:59 am

the atmosphere and mood of this track is fucking huge!

usually not a fan of overly distorting things but it fits the tone of the track so well here

January 14, 2018 1:52 pm

dark and very beefy, brings up surreal imagery in my mind

January 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Ooo, this is warm and gristly, and the slow but steady pace makes it sound somehow inexorable. Digging it.

January 18, 2018 11:26 pm
Skueue wrote:

the atmosphere and mood of this track is fucking huge!

usually not a fan of overly distorting things but it fits the tone of the track so well here

Thanks.  I'm not one to distort everything usually but sometimes it's definitely warranted  smile

purelygrey wrote:

dark and very beefy, brings up surreal imagery in my mind

Cheers!

zath wrote:

Ooo, this is warm and gristly, and the slow but steady pace makes it sound somehow inexorable. Digging it.

This synth has warm AND gristly covered.  Glad you dig it.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up