WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / All That Glitters is Not Gold

All That Glitters is Not Gold

By rdomain on March 15, 2020 10:08 am

Studio laptop died before I got a change to record anything so this is recorded through my phone interface so the quality may be less than usual.  I was able to import it into my old 2007 Macbook (that still works!) to give it a quick mix on the headphones.

One take modular synth performance.
Main modules used were:  Rings, Plaits, Clouds x2, Marbles and Magneto.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

March 16, 2020 1:24 am

Oh man your studio laptop died? Hope it's still kicking and fixable, or at least nothing serious.

Really enjoyed this. There's something playful about the way the sounds jump around.

March 17, 2020 3:11 am

I like how the main synth's sound evolves from sounding at times like an organ, at times almost like a koto. I feel like I'm visiting a secret underground palace that's buried very deep in the earth, the passage becomes like a corridor then opens up in a sprawling cave system with hand fashioned steps everywhere. Great stuff!

March 17, 2020 10:43 am

2 Clouds! Luxurious. Hey what rings mode is this? Green?

March 17, 2020 5:14 pm

interesting ideas. a journey.

March 23, 2020 11:54 am
hent03 wrote:

Yeah, a huge bummer.  It'll be fixable but with the whole virus thing, instead of taking 3-5 days like usual, it's 2-4 weeks so I've had to go out and buy a new laptop so I can still teach, especially now because I've moved a heap online due to said virus.

And thanks!

Gab Manette wrote:

And a fantastic description too.  Awesome work there!  smile. Thanks Gab, glad you liked it!

Ryan wrote:

2 Clouds! Luxurious. Hey what rings mode is this? Green?

That's how I roll.  Nuttin' but a G thang.  Listening to it, I'm guessing orange.

gesceap wrote:

interesting ideas. a journey.

Thanks!  Journeys are good. smile

March 29, 2020 7:49 pm

mix sounds great on my ancient macbook air speakers

April 3, 2020 11:45 am
kaedo sevaada wrote:

mix sounds great on my ancient macbook air speakers

Great to hear it works on all speakers then!  smile