WeeklyBeats.com / Music / RawTicks's music / Phase Out On Your Way Out

Phase Out On Your Way Out

By RawTicks on January 16, 2018 2:16 am

Here's another track 100% composed and arranged on OP-1. Mastering was done in Ableton. My goal to write song faster is achieved, as this one was done in only two sittings, or 4 hours or so. The OP-1's limitation makes me focus on making different parts instead of working on a loop for several hours tweaking every little bit of sound and playing with the mix. That leaves me a bit more time for my next track and I think I'll try something with other hardware...

January 22, 2018 1:39 am

January 23, 2018 12:11 am

January 26, 2018 11:22 am

I'm jealous of your quick workflow! Nice textures.

January 26, 2018 1:35 pm
Avarine wrote:

I'm jealous of your quick workflow! Nice textures.

Thanks. The OP-1 being limited in the mixing department compared to other offerings, I spend my time working on the composition more, and less on the mix. I had to accept the fact that my stuff won't be as clean as if I had mixed it in a DAW, but once I got past that, I could concentrate more on the music and accelerate the workflow a lot. I believe this can be done in a DAW too, but with the options actually there to mix, it takes self control to just concentrate on the music...

January 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Groovy and strange in a good way. I like how the beat is mixed together with crispy synths.