Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Q-Rosh's music / telephone news

telephone news

By Q-Rosh on March 11, 2018 9:17 pm

On one of me reel to reel tapes I found a complete radionews document from the 70ies. I wanted to use it last week, but I come up with it this week. I like the tragically telephonesound of the speaker who talks about the civil-war-like situation in Beirut and the hope for cease-fire. In addition to that I made a strong MPC beat and guitardrones as you can hear. But in the last minute I removed the song after uploading and grabbed a bass to add some more joy to the song. I am lucky, just in time. May peace prevail on earth.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 12, 2018 1:09 am

Substantial energy and drive! This is perhaps what you had in mind for last week (when you removed Chaplin's ersatz-Deutsch for possible copyright violation)?

Everyone wants peace; but it's THEIR idea of peace they want. Bummer.

March 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Yeah real good!
That beat is perfect with that radio show.
Especially the snare with that rolls reflects the mood of the interview...

March 12, 2018 11:37 pm

That bass part is sweeeeet. I really like how the radio news blends with everything as well.

March 14, 2018 3:28 am

this is just so good!  it made my heart leap with hope

March 15, 2018 2:32 am

This is great!

March 17, 2018 8:13 am

Really love that bass tone but overall a great sounding track.

March 18, 2018 6:23 am

Solid track!  The bass gives it an almost The Cure vibe to it but with crunchy beats.

March 18, 2018 12:28 pm


 
Damn great stuff here. Absolut großartig!!!
Very good integration of the old recording

March 18, 2018 5:00 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Substantial energy and drive! This is perhaps what you had in mind for last week (when you removed Chaplin's ersatz-Deutsch for possible copyright violation)?

Everyone wants peace; but it's THEIR idea of peace they want. Bummer.


They ruin everything.

theGuen wrote:

Yeah real good!
That beat is perfect with that radio show.
Especially the snare with that rolls reflects the mood of the interview...


Thank you. Made the beat more crunchy.

CosmicCairns wrote:

That bass part is sweeeeet. I really like how the radio news blends with everything as well.


Why sweet?? Maybe a little bit.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

this is just so good!  it made my heart leap with hope


That is good , too. Thank you.

cfurrow wrote:

This is great!


Thank you for listening.

Ryan wrote:

Really love that bass tone but overall a great sounding track.


Thank you. This makes me feel better.

rdomain wrote:

Solid track!  The bass gives it an almost The Cure vibe to it but with crunchy beats.


It was joy division as an influence, to be honest.

m2K7 wrote:


 
Damn great stuff here. Absolut großartig!!!
Very good integration of the old recording


Thank you, this pic must have been after the blast.
Thank you all.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up