Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

fever dream

By Q-Rosh on March 4, 2020 11:58 am

I had to upload early this week and not enough time to balance the mix, because I am going on a short trip...
This song is based on a pianotrack, that was recorded on a reel to reel GRUNDIG tapemachine from the 60ies. The tape was as old as this too. The few magnetic atoms left, tried to catch the rich pianosound, but missed it and made a new hiss-like noise-sound, that I loved, as poor as it was. Than I added guitar, Pianet, Farfisa and the Roland SH2000 in a short session. Most of the tones had dusty crackles and artefacts. The hole thing is like a feverdream or an analog hiss desaster, just like you want.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 9, 2020 12:28 am

I love old tape stuff.  Lots of wonderful sounds in here and a nice contemplative mood as well.

March 9, 2020 1:18 pm

Haha the dusty texture is really nice to listen to. It gives off a great feeling of old disused analog studio equipment remembering their glory days.

March 9, 2020 1:29 pm

This is so rich in character and atmosphere. Don't know if I'm imagining it, but the old reel to reel definitely seems to be adding some really unique color and warmth.  Is some of the warble and drop out I'm hearing post processing or the old tape and machine? I like the basic structure of the two chords with abstract jamming over the top.  Works really well!

March 10, 2020 10:32 am

Do mind if I use this track for sample harvesting? There is a lot of rich harmonic stuff going on in here lovely

March 10, 2020 11:16 pm

more dreamy than fever - lovely piece!

March 11, 2020 9:10 pm

It's a good fever dream. Pleasant and warm (great chords) but with cool weirdness coming in too. I can get lost in this. That gif of trees is perfect.

March 12, 2020 6:32 am

I love your atmosphere. It is interesting this fast strange sounds all around you. The distorting piano gives a comfort feeling and is so nice to hear.

March 14, 2020 12:58 pm

That's a nice piano. Very mellow.

March 14, 2020 3:31 pm

I've been watching documentaries on adventure/puzzle games like Myst a lot this week, so my mindset is probably influenced by that, but this track let me escape to far away, mysterious lands. It's beautiful how your compo elicits both nostalgic feelings and sense of the unknown at the same time. Lovely song heart

March 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Love the gritty atmosphere created here.  The Epiano gives it a nice laid back feel.  All those lil nuanced artifacts really complete this track.  Totally zoned out to this. Well done!

March 20, 2020 5:46 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

I love old tape stuff.  Lots of wonderful sounds in here and a nice contemplative mood as well.

hieme wrote:

Haha the dusty texture is really nice to listen to. It gives off a great feeling of old disused analog studio equipment remembering their glory days.

NWSPR wrote:

This is so rich in character and atmosphere. Don't know if I'm imagining it, but the old reel to reel definitely seems to be adding some really unique color and warmth.  Is some of the warble and drop out I'm hearing post processing or the old tape and machine? I like the basic structure of the two chords with abstract jamming over the top.  Works really well!

Ryan wrote:

Do mind if I use this track for sample harvesting? There is a lot of rich harmonic stuff going on in here lovely

kaedo sevaada wrote:

more dreamy than fever - lovely piece!

miraclemiles wrote:

It's a good fever dream. Pleasant and warm (great chords) but with cool weirdness coming in too. I can get lost in this. That gif of trees is perfect.

Alette wrote:

I love your atmosphere. It is interesting this fast strange sounds all around you. The distorting piano gives a comfort feeling and is so nice to hear.

Devieus wrote:

That's a nice piano. Very mellow.

Gab Manette wrote:

I've been watching documentaries on adventure/puzzle games like Myst a lot this week, so my mindset is probably influenced by that, but this track let me escape to far away, mysterious lands. It's beautiful how your compo elicits both nostalgic feelings and sense of the unknown at the same time. Lovely song <3

Tone Matrix wrote:

Love the gritty atmosphere created here.  The Epiano gives it a nice laid back feel.  All those lil nuanced artifacts really complete this track.  Totally zoned out to this. Well done!

Thank you all. I am glad you liked it.

March 22, 2020 8:13 pm

LOVE this dusty sound!!!

April 6, 2020 5:38 am

just echoing what others have said at this point, but love the warble, the dust, and the overall vibe. nice work

April 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Old technology can be inspiring.
It's just beautiful.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up