Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / Xxylograph [pt 1]

Xxylograph [pt 1]

By orangedrink on May 24, 2020 7:19 pm


Rushed to finish this so I can go swimming!  Went back to Reason to master this.  It's still way too quiet.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  All of the sounds were made on the Model:Cycles synth and this is a slightly edited live performance.  I want to make 2 more parts.  UH what else to say, I think this is 187 BPM making it one of the fastest songs I've ever written. 


The hi-hat thing is an imperfect Shepard's Tone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_tone


Gotta go party!  ONE day I will catch up to stuff.  I just don't have the mental/physical/spiritual energy I used to these days.  It takes all I've got to stay in a positive mood and get work done, and that's all I can ask for right now.  Love to you all! heart

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
May 25, 2020 12:25 am

Looking forward to part II.

May 25, 2020 12:25 am

love it tbh, don't think I've ever heard a shepard tone used rythmically like this before

May 25, 2020 12:53 am

May 25, 2020 7:17 pm

I can totally hear the Shepard's tone in the rhythm.  Very cool.  I'm devoting a lot of energy to staying positive here, too.  It's tough sometimes, but I think necessary.  Hang in there and keep rocking the music.

May 26, 2020 5:24 am

I love the descending pattern and the simple beat that accentuates it. Cool piece!

May 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Great sounds. Super punchy and full, and when the bass drops in midway, you can taste it! Liking the pure electronic tracks you've been doing in the last weeks.  This is my fav!

June 3, 2020 12:57 pm

This one is pretty cool too! Really like the sawtooth synth over the rest.

June 4, 2020 5:18 pm

fine live performance and great sound. the perfect song for week 21.

June 5, 2020 4:18 pm

I hear ya on lacking overall energy.  I hope the swim getaway helped ya.  Love that early bassy synth plays off the downward shepherd thang.  The echoy synth melody and the bass midway totally brings everything together.  I like the dropout too.  Got me tapping right along with that sweet beat.

June 7, 2020 9:30 pm

genius idea to use a shepard tone in a percussive way! dig the low swell synth stuff that comes in half way. also can totally relate to lack of energy and focus. Trying to continue with WB despite not really wanting to at times.

June 18, 2020 12:59 am
E-dub wrote:

Looking forward to part II.

ty!

Visual Basic Bitch wrote:

love it tbh, don't think I've ever heard a shepard tone used rythmically like this before

nice!  FIRST smile

Ipaghost wrote:

yo that is like THE vaporwave album apparently
yikes it is on ebay for like hundreds of dollars

CosmicCairns wrote:

I can totally hear the Shepard's tone in the rhythm.  Very cool.  I'm devoting a lot of energy to staying positive here, too.  It's tough sometimes, but I think necessary.  Hang in there and keep rocking the music.

heart

Kedbreak136 wrote:

I love the descending pattern and the simple beat that accentuates it. Cool piece!

thanks!

NWSPR wrote:

Great sounds. Super punchy and full, and when the bass drops in midway, you can taste it! Liking the pure electronic tracks you've been doing in the last weeks.  This is my fav!

thanks, it has been fun to really learn the Model:Cycles in this focused way.  takes my mind of things, for sure.

djippy wrote:

This one is pretty cool too! Really like the sawtooth synth over the rest.

Q-Rosh wrote:

fine live performance and great sound. the perfect song for week 21.

Thanks Q-Rosh-Dog for listenin'

Tone Matrix wrote:

I hear ya on lacking overall energy.  I hope the swim getaway helped ya.  Love that early bassy synth plays off the downward shepherd thang.  The echoy synth melody and the bass midway totally brings everything together.  I like the dropout too.  Got me tapping right along with that sweet beat.

I need a whole 'nother swim getaway now smile  glad you liked it!

zirafa wrote:

genius idea to use a shepard tone in a percussive way! dig the low swell synth stuff that comes in half way. also can totally relate to lack of energy and focus. Trying to continue with WB despite not really wanting to at times.

Thanks brother.  WB is like the lone breeze when we are stranded at sea

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up