Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / That's How I Came Back

That's How I Came Back

By orangedrink on March 18, 2018 10:35 pm

This has been a crazy week because I relaunched my record label and released a new compilation album!
Download it now!


http://hemlockrecords.com/album/hemlock … ompilation



This track got started when I was working on this track and messed up the tempo, accidentally time stretching all the files.  https://orangedrink.bandcamp.com/track/ … t-you-want

I restored my session, but saved the mistake for later, thinking it would be a fun experiment.  I was so busy this week with the compilation that it seemed like a good week for finishing and old thing rather than starting from scratch.  I love all the time stretch artifacts and did a lot of reversing and copy/pasting of sounds.  I didn't check the mix or master thoroughly due to time constraints.


Here's a cute picture of Derek Jacobi with an Irish Terrier.



This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
March 19, 2018 1:09 am

this is awesome! massive Oasis/Foo Fighters vibes

March 19, 2018 1:14 am

Very trippy with the timing glitches. I've had the same shit happen to me but could not figure out how to undo the flex timing cluster fuck. Got a really cohesive soft distortion wash with nice over driven drums give it a nostalgic feel. Congrats on the label launch!

March 19, 2018 9:28 am

A nice experimental result with the time stretching effect. The song is a beautiful 90ies indie rock monster. love it so much.

March 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Good job making lemonade. One of this weeks best!

March 20, 2018 11:17 pm

The glitchy effect sounds super cool especially on the vocals.  I love working "mistakes" into songs.  It can really take you into some unexpected places.  Also good luck with the label!

March 21, 2018 9:46 am

Nice use of the reverse and glitching efx. Great Song!

March 22, 2018 7:14 am

Quite an oddity, it's nice, it reminds me of radiohead.

March 25, 2018 4:41 am

Nice one! Rocking

March 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Oddly weird sounding and yet very compelling. Great idea for a track. God give us cyclic timestretching algorithms to treat kickass drums like those. Agree on the 90s feel

April 1, 2018 11:26 am

You do very good and interesting Music. I really like your work! smile

April 3, 2018 12:55 pm

Love the grunge vibe, lots of varied influences here that all come together in a very cool way. Like the way it builds

April 8, 2018 8:40 pm
Tweaklab wrote:

this is awesome! massive Oasis/Foo Fighters vibes

Awesome, thanks!

NWSPR wrote:

Very trippy with the timing glitches. I've had the same shit happen to me but could not figure out how to undo the flex timing cluster fuck. Got a really cohesive soft distortion wash with nice over driven drums give it a nostalgic feel. Congrats on the label launch!

Touching the BPM is like an instant disaster!  Thanks!

Q-Rosh wrote:

A nice experimental result with the time stretching effect. The song is a beautiful 90ies indie rock monster. love it so much.

Thank you so much, I didn't know how this would go over, so excited that you are into it!

Jim Wood wrote:

Good job making lemonade. One of this weeks best!

Ha ha ha, perfect analogy!  Lemon Drink?

CosmicCairns wrote:

The glitchy effect sounds super cool especially on the vocals.  I love working "mistakes" into songs.  It can really take you into some unexpected places.  Also good luck with the label!

Thanks!  Yeah, the mistakes are just little surprises smile

theGuen wrote:

Nice use of the reverse and glitching efx. Great Song!

Thank you so much

Devieus wrote:

Quite an oddity, it's nice, it reminds me of radiohead.

Wow, this is a huge compliment.  I love Radiohead and am really flattered.  Thanks.

Podling wrote:

Nice one! Rocking

Word up!

laguna wrote:

Oddly weird sounding and yet very compelling. Great idea for a track. God give us cyclic timestretching algorithms to treat kickass drums like those. Agree on the 90s feel

Thanks!  Your comment about cyclic timestretching algorithms made me LOL.  also that image is way too arousing for WB!  You are doing God's work by posting sexy Derek Jacobi pics!  heart

m2K7 wrote:

You do very good and interesting Music. I really like your work! smile

That means a lot to me.  Thank you!  I like your work too!

Robroy wrote:

Love the grunge vibe, lots of varied influences here that all come together in a very cool way. Like the way it builds

Thanks man!  Ended up being a crazy little thing!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up