Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Oddity

By onlyjokinen on November 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Computer audio still cuts out after 2 minutes so recording is impossible to record a fully coherent song. Here is a diddly that meets requirements for the year. If my computer doesn't get fixed I will probably end the year out with small stuff like this.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Can't you record multiple 2 minute sections and make one longer song?

November 27, 2018 3:20 pm
Devieus wrote:

Can't you record multiple 2 minute sections and make one longer song?


I do, but that includes restarting, re-opening guitar rig, recording for 2 minutes, then rinse and repeat. After 2-3 times of that I say screw it and "mix" what I can during the last 2ish minutes. It's a royal pain in the ass.

November 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Pretty good for the time contraints. Hope Santa brings you a new computer.

November 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Did you lay some odd timed bass behind this?  Can’t tell if my ears playing tricks on me but it sounds really cool dude

November 28, 2018 3:36 pm
demonzor wrote:

Did you lay some odd timed bass behind this?  Can’t tell if my ears playing tricks on me but it sounds really cool dude


Song is in 7/4, decided to cut it short to give the feeling of a different timing with the rest of the song.

November 28, 2018 3:59 pm
onlyjokinen wrote:
demonzor wrote:

Did you lay some odd timed bass behind this?  Can’t tell if my ears playing tricks on me but it sounds really cool dude


Song is in 7/4, decided to cut it short to give the feeling of a different timing with the rest of the song.

Ahhhhhh nice!   Didn’t catch that the first few listens.  Good stuff brotha

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up