A Very Joy

By onlyjokinen on May 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Didn't get a ton of time this week to work on a riff I had started so I decided to make something pleasant to the ears. I've been wanting to work on my drums for slower songs but I'm thinking I need a new drum pack for better tones. Welp, enjoy!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

May 28, 2018 4:57 am

A very great joy indeed.

May 28, 2018 3:04 pm

nice one. dums are awesome.

May 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Post-rock vibes heart heart heart I adore this style of music. That thrumming bass is so lovely. Favourited, this one is seriously top notch heart

May 28, 2018 9:13 pm
Devieus wrote:

A very great joy indeed.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

Q-Rosh wrote:

nice one. dums are awesome.

Thank you! I also really enjoyed the drums to this one.

hieme wrote:

Post-rock vibes <3 <3 <3 I adore this style of music. That thrumming bass is so lovely. Favourited, this one is seriously top notch <3

That means a lot, thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it!

May 29, 2018 1:03 am

Great tune ya animal.  I can hear the riggins in this one

May 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Great meld.

May 29, 2018 5:39 pm

big big joy

May 29, 2018 5:58 pm
mikememo wrote:

big big joy

Happy Happy joy joy

June 2, 2018 4:31 pm

very pleasant to the ears... wink
Drums are cool, i think this kit worked well...

June 4, 2018 12:48 am

These drums are pretty convincing nice job.

One trick I have used in the past to get a more aggressive sounding kit to warmer and fatter is to to limit the dynamic responsiveness in the midi settings. If you set the maximum threshold to around 115 instead of 127 the plugin won't trigger any of those really biting snappy drum samples and you get a much more blended overall sound.

June 4, 2018 12:51 am
Ryan wrote:

These drums are pretty convincing nice job.

Oh I like that! Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to use that in the coming weeks. Always been a struggle to find the right tone. I feel I could spend hours listening to a snare.

June 8, 2018 4:14 pm

Suhweet post-rock vibes indeed and reminded me a bit of Caspian (one of my favs).  I think everything came together very well, the mix sounds great!  Nice job!