WeeklyBeats.com / Music / OleJazzer's music / Back in the Day

Back in the Day

By OleJazzer on September 12, 2020 12:22 am

This song is my first quasi a cappella song. So in a couple of years I've gone from being a guitarist who almost never sings to singing by myself and to add to that using a harmonizer to duplicate my voice at other pitches and in effect sing along with myself. What a hoot.
When folks talk about back in the day there are good things and not so good things. This song speaks to that and is true in all respects.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

September 14, 2020 9:01 am

Yea, old times were kind of terrible. The harmonizer is a nice touch, but doesn't quite feel right at times. If there was a way for each of those pitches to have an individual delay it'd be so much more natural.

September 14, 2020 1:49 pm
Devieus wrote:

Thanks. That’s a good point. I’ll see if I can make that happen in the future. I did notice if I move too far out of the “sweet spot” of the microphone it drops out to just me. So, knowing all that technical stuff about mics and patterns and blah blah blah and putting it into practice are two different things. I’ll play with it more and see what happens.

September 17, 2020 6:45 am

I had to boost the volume to be able to hear it properly but I like what you're trying to do here.

September 18, 2020 7:55 pm

I love this!  Sorry i'm only finding your music right now!  Also wanted it a bit louder, but cool idea with the solo-quartet

September 20, 2020 2:01 pm