Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ngineer's music / Speed of Sound

Speed of Sound

By ngineer on July 19, 2020 10:19 pm

I started on a verse with this but I like this too much to mess with it anymore right now.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
July 20, 2020 12:15 am

This is a cool track. The low drone like texture that sits at the bottom. The acid lines are great but I really love the guitar (?) like licks. Cool effect on the vocal, that works well with the rest. The break before 2:00 is cool and then nice guitar solo! Lots of nice stuff on this track and a lot is happening.

July 20, 2020 1:07 am

Awww yeah 303!!! I like your rework of this track, sounds great smile

July 20, 2020 2:08 am

Ohhhh man, that squelchy bass before the guitar solo is nuts.  Love that.  Big fan of that low passed, tremolo transition part at 3:00.  Super cool effect.  Makes the chorus sound huge when it comes back in. 

July 20, 2020 6:22 pm
Kedbreak136 wrote:

This is a cool track. The low drone like texture that sits at the bottom. The acid lines are great but I really love the guitar (?) like licks. Cool effect on the vocal, that works well with the rest. The break before 2:00 is cool and then nice guitar solo! Lots of nice stuff on this track and a lot is happening.

Thanks! Definitely guitar licks mixed in there. The vocoder on the vocal is a must because I am really new to singing so I'm glad you liked it smile


Mission Crossing wrote:

Awww yeah 303!!! I like your rework of this track, sounds great smile

Thanks for listening MC!


Chrisfoo wrote:

Ohhhh man, that squelchy bass before the guitar solo is nuts.  Love that.  Big fan of that low passed, tremolo transition part at 3:00.  Super cool effect.  Makes the chorus sound huge when it comes back in.

Thanks Chrisfoo! My first track at 61bpm tongue so I'm glad it sounds alright. I think next time I will try half time at 140-150bpm or something (so 75ish) at least thats how I think most dubby or traplike stuff is?

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up