Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ngineer's music / Kicking Hourglass

Kicking Hourglass

By ngineer on January 26, 2020 11:55 pm

Only had limited time this week. I hope it sounds good!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 27, 2020 12:18 am

It sounds good enough. I wouldn't call it vaporwave myself I guess.

January 27, 2020 12:32 am
Devieus wrote:

It sounds good enough. I wouldn't call it vaporwave myself I guess.

I updated it. I'm not the best at telling genres. Thanks!

January 27, 2020 12:32 am

Lovely texture, this is so very gritty and tactile.

January 27, 2020 12:51 am

Super dark tune, love the atmosphere you build up! Vibin'

January 27, 2020 1:37 am
hieme wrote:

Lovely texture, this is so very gritty and tactile.

Thanks very much smile


Mortistar wrote:

Super dark tune, love the atmosphere you build up! Vibin'

Glad you liked it thanks! I'll have to check your tune in a bit and see what you cooked up this week

January 27, 2020 3:45 am

The lead melody made me happy

January 27, 2020 2:18 pm

I dig the tones and the background melodies keep the song going

January 28, 2020 12:09 am
shindigs wrote:

The lead melody made me happy

That makes me happy!


onlyjokinen wrote:

I dig the tones and the background melodies keep the song going

Thanks so much smile

January 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Damn, yeah, this is dark and I love it.  There's a lot going on here and it makes for a very enjoyable listen.  Great work, dude! 

January 28, 2020 7:43 pm
coreytrev0r wrote:

Damn, yeah, this is dark and I love it.  There's a lot going on here and it makes for a very enjoyable listen.  Great work, dude!

Im glad to hear that. I was worried this would be my weakest mix. Thanks smile

January 28, 2020 8:02 pm

I would fight cave bosses to this soundtrack any day! It's got depth and a nice drive, with the higher melodies calling to action!

January 29, 2020 1:32 am
Gab Manette wrote:

I would fight cave bosses to this soundtrack any day! It's got depth and a nice drive, with the higher melodies calling to action!

Big ups! Thanks Gab!

January 29, 2020 3:42 am

Nice throaty synth under the raspy acid - great lead programming - flows really nicely

January 31, 2020 2:44 am
lysdexic wrote:

Nice throaty synth under the raspy acid - great lead programming - flows really nicely

Hehe. I do like to employ some raspy acid when I can. I'm really glad you liked the lead programming! thanks :]

February 2, 2020 3:11 pm

Those pads are yum. It went in a different direction from what I expected, but it definitely works.

February 26, 2020 11:25 pm
license wrote:

Those pads are yum. It went in a different direction from what I expected, but it definitely works.

Thanks! I hadnt tried this style before, was very off the cuff

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up