Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

E Ticket

By ngineer on May 31, 2020 11:04 pm

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 1, 2020 12:03 am

Great choice of samples. It's so vivid.

June 1, 2020 12:08 am
Devieus wrote:

Great choice of samples. It's so vivid.

Hey thank you! I'm glad you thought so!

June 1, 2020 12:15 am

The samples really are the centerpiece of this track. I like how the progression slowly builds up in intensity towards the interlude, my favorite bit is at 2:30 when the drums go double bass for a second to really amp things up tongue

June 1, 2020 12:30 am

Sweet sound design here! Lots of energy.

June 1, 2020 12:42 am
ViridianLoom wrote:

The samples really are the centerpiece of this track. I like how the progression slowly builds up in intensity towards the interlude, my favorite bit is at 2:30 when the drums go double bass for a second to really amp things up tongue

Thanks for listening man and I'm really happy you liked that section! I found a nice fat bass sample and it just seemed to fit so well I went for it.


Mission Crossing wrote:

Sweet sound design here! Lots of energy.

big_smile thanks man! I put a couple days into this one smile

June 1, 2020 2:44 am

Good space launch this weekend, sweet song to commemorate it.  Big fan of that gated filter thing that shows up around 1:20.  Awesome effect.

June 1, 2020 4:12 am
Chrisfoo wrote:

Good space launch this weekend, sweet song to commemorate it.  Big fan of that gated filter thing that shows up around 1:20.  Awesome effect.

Thanks man! Gate on the master channel comes in handy ever now and then.

June 1, 2020 6:57 pm

Love the way the rocket sound turned into the stuttering effect around 0:13.  But really the whole track has great energy and the samples are integrated wonderfully.  They remind me a bit of the track Space Walk by Lemon Jelly.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5VRo5MBUXY

June 1, 2020 7:54 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Love the way the rocket sound turned into the stuttering effect around 0:13.  But really the whole track has great energy and the samples are integrated wonderfully.  They remind me a bit of the track Space Walk by Lemon Jelly.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5VRo5MBUXY

Hey wow what a beautiful song! Thanks for that and the kind words. Really brightened my day.

June 3, 2020 8:48 pm

This is a very strong piece as you've effectively married the message and the medium.  The piece is about rockets/spaceships, and so many of the sonic elements are referencing the sounds or technology of rockets.

A++, would ngineer again

June 5, 2020 1:34 pm

Yess! I love NASA samples! Cool to see people writing about the ultimate hype event, rocket launches. Really enjoying these breakbeat drums, they have that classic driving energy.

June 7, 2020 11:28 am
orangedrink wrote:

This is a very strong piece as you've effectively married the message and the medium.  The piece is about rockets/spaceships, and so many of the sonic elements are referencing the sounds or technology of rockets.

A++, would ngineer again

Well thank you much! It happened to sort of accidentally come together out of many different things smile


hieme wrote:

Yess! I love NASA samples! Cool to see people writing about the ultimate hype event, rocket launches. Really enjoying these breakbeat drums, they have that classic driving energy.

Yeah I want to do some more like these. I would like to find some more sources of space samples too! Thanks for listening smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up