Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ngineer's music / Cloud Nitrous

Cloud Nitrous

By ngineer on February 16, 2020 11:59 pm

This started as a silly track inspired by a trip to the dentist. Now I don't know what it is lol.


Background vox are partially an homage to Longmont Potion Castle Volume IV (or at least, the rhyme thing in "Nash" got stuck in my head to where I could say it pretty fast, and so here I am rapping something like it quadruple time in a backing vocal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3pVTdOd7I

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 17, 2020 12:14 am

Certainly sounds like a nitrous oxide induced fever dream, in a good way. Specifically because there's a lot of different ideas seemingly occupy their own space, all with different vibes like aggressive bass, chill melody panned on one side, and I think an odd metered synth arp in another, with two vocal lines that sound augmented differently. It all comes together in a cool way.

February 17, 2020 12:49 am

Love those backup vocals haha. Real cool drums and nice use of space between the instruments.

February 17, 2020 3:58 am

OoooOooo I like this.  It's unique in a fantastic way.  I love the chaotic nature of this track.  Impressive how you composed all these sounds together.  Really cool track!

February 17, 2020 8:15 am

That's whack.

Great sounds though.

February 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Whoa dude. This is a great example of organized chaos.

February 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Psychedelic, baby!!! Love the ambiance here.

February 17, 2020 6:40 pm
ViridianLoom wrote:

Certainly sounds like a nitrous oxide induced fever dream, in a good way. Specifically because there's a lot of different ideas seemingly occupy their own space, all with different vibes like aggressive bass, chill melody panned on one side, and I think an odd metered synth arp in another, with two vocal lines that sound augmented differently. It all comes together in a cool way.

Hehe. Thanks. My friend says you summed it up perfectly lol


Pyure wrote:

Love those backup vocals haha. Real cool drums and nice use of space between the instruments.

Thanks! I wish the backup vocals came through a tad bit more, or id left in more outtakes of laughter and failed takes


coreytrev0r wrote:

OoooOooo I like this.  It's unique in a fantastic way.  I love the chaotic nature of this track.  Impressive how you composed all these sounds together.  Really cool track!

Thanks very much! Im glad you enjoyed the chaos! Sometimes it be like it do.





Devieus wrote:

That's whack.

Great sounds though.

Going to the dentist is whack! Especially if youre a plaque


Jokinen wrote:

Whoa dude. This is a great example of organized chaos.

Thanks! To me the fast backing vocals are what everyone else sounds like when youre in a nitrous stupour and the chorus is me just trying to chill with a bright light in my eyes and my hair gradually becoming more disheveled. Thats one take anyway.


Mission Crossing wrote:

Psychedelic, baby!!! Love the ambiance here.

Hehe thanks. Someone else did say it sounds like an acid trip too.

February 17, 2020 7:49 pm

Pretty detailed sound spectrum, some really interesting stuff going on. The background vocals are great ahah, very disorienting. I like that glitch effects a lot, especially on that vocal line. Great work!

February 17, 2020 9:28 pm
hieme wrote:

Pretty detailed sound spectrum, some really interesting stuff going on. The background vocals are great ahah, very disorienting. I like that glitch effects a lot, especially on that vocal line. Great work!

Thank you!! Im glad you got a laugh out of the bg vox. They were the most fun to record

February 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Nice one Ngineer - I feel like every week you’re exploring new territory - I kinda get Dan Deacon vibes from this (perhaps in a lower vocal register?)

February 18, 2020 6:23 pm

My brain decided to bring up images of the Big Lebowski while listening, it's a nice trippy track, the voices are excellent! big_smile

February 18, 2020 6:51 pm
lysdexic wrote:

Nice one Ngineer - I feel like every week you’re exploring new territory - I kinda get Dan Deacon vibes from this (perhaps in a lower vocal register?)

Hey wow! That is quite the complement that I never expected to get haha. I'm giving Dan Deacon a listen now! Thank you! I think he has gained a fan today smile




Gab Manette wrote:

My brain decided to bring up images of the Big Lebowski while listening, it's a nice trippy track, the voices are excellent! big_smile

Haha! Please tell me which images from Big Lebowski? One of my favorite movies and now I'm super curious how my song evoked it lol

February 18, 2020 7:33 pm
ngineer wrote:


Haha! Please tell me which images from Big Lebowski? One of my favorite movies and now I'm super curious how my song evoked it lol

A colorful jumble of bowling alleys, the rug, the Dude himself chilling, parts of the hallucination scene and I found myself craving a white russian smile

February 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Good mad fun. Aah, good ole nitrous in the morning! I like the "peter piper" rap, lol. Tasty sounds.

February 19, 2020 6:18 pm

Just listened again and the Peter Piper had me cracking up. Good stuff

February 19, 2020 10:33 pm
Gab Manette wrote:
ngineer wrote:


Haha! Please tell me which images from Big Lebowski? One of my favorite movies and now I'm super curious how my song evoked it lol

A colorful jumble of bowling alleys, the rug, the Dude himself chilling, parts of the hallucination scene and I found myself craving a white russian smile

Vivid! Now this makes a lot more sense to me. Lol


miraclemiles wrote:

Good mad fun. Aah, good ole nitrous in the morning! I like the "peter piper" rap, lol. Tasty sounds.

Thanks! I'm really glad people are digging the peter piper bit lol. That's probably the fastest I could say it.


Jokinen wrote:

Just listened again and the Peter Piper had me cracking up. Good stuff

Lol thanks. Repeat listen wow. Glad it's worth a laugh!

I still need to check everyones mixes from this week!

February 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Lots of great crazy sounds and energy but it all holds together remarkably well.  I remember having a root canal one time and getting nitrous.  It definitely made the experience a lot more... interesting.  Nice job.

February 25, 2020 4:58 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Lots of great crazy sounds and energy but it all holds together remarkably well.  I remember having a root canal one time and getting nitrous.  It definitely made the experience a lot more... interesting.  Nice job.

Haha. Interesting is all in all preferable to whatever else might be going on! Thanks for the listen. I'm glad you felt like it held together.

May 19, 2020 6:15 am

How'd you get that bass sound?

I'd love to try to make a track with that kind of bass vibe

May 19, 2020 6:22 am
Modulated Drummer wrote:

How'd you get that bass sound?

I'd love to try to make a track with that kind of bass vibe

Thanks! Its either pitched down bassline wav cut from an earlier track (crustacean vibe) or I may have transposed that baseline. I'll check tomorrow and get you the exact thing. I think its slide bass from synth1 ??

May 19, 2020 4:07 pm
Modulated Drummer wrote:

How'd you get that bass sound?

I'd love to try to make a track with that kind of bass vibe

Confirmed! I took the ending of the bassline to Crustacean Vibe, transposed to C#, exported as wav, then pitched it down an octave. It was originally made with synth1 "Synth Bass 2" preset.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up