Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Mortistar's music / [SNES] Hopeful Cave

[SNES] Hopeful Cave

By Mortistar on June 3, 2018 11:16 pm

Week 22! We're fast approaching halfway through the year. Congrats all of y'all for making it this far, regardless of missed weeks wink As usual I've managed to finish a tune last minute, so bare that in mind since it might be a bit wonky lmao. With that in mind, let me know what you think! Might end up polishing this tune for the portfolio. Thanks for listening and I'll see you lot next week as per usual!
-Jon

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
June 4, 2018 12:09 am

The tune is great! Smack it in any of great RPGs of yore and nobody would be the wiser. just some feedback though, it kind of sounds like you recorded it of the TV, if that was a choice, very retro. otherwise; what happen?

June 4, 2018 12:20 am

It's real solid, maybe not quite hopeful with those chords, but a real nice starter.

June 4, 2018 12:49 am

It says cave but I'm going into denial here and still think of this as a winter tune heart It even has those christmassy block chords, smh. Really great wintery snowy composition, and I love how chilled the sound design is. Can't wait to play this out when it snows again this winter heart

June 4, 2018 1:49 am

i'm so hopeful right now

June 4, 2018 3:09 am

Let's Spelunking!!

June 4, 2018 10:07 am

The track reminds me of the high Llamas. Very nice and easy.

June 5, 2018 5:04 pm

Fantastic!  Did you make this with a "soundfont"?

June 5, 2018 8:02 pm

Awesome portfolio piece! Gave me lots of nostalgia smile

June 25, 2018 10:49 am

Yeah, right in those RPG feels! Can totally see me exploring some tundra mountain cave dungeon with this heart

August 5, 2018 10:21 pm
Wisefire wrote:

The tune is great! Smack it in any of great RPGs of yore and nobody would be the wiser. just some feedback though, it kind of sounds like you recorded it of the TV, if that was a choice, very retro. otherwise; what happen?

I am truly honoured, thank you! Also it was made with an old soundfont to get that retro feel. I can't bring myself to give this sorta music a sample rate upgrade wink



Devieus wrote:

It's real solid, maybe not quite hopeful with those chords, but a real nice starter.

Thanks! Also yeah I've already changed the name in post lmao, definitely fit a more wintery theme.


hieme wrote:

It says cave but I'm going into denial here and still think of this as a winter tune <3 It even has those christmassy block chords, smh. Really great wintery snowy composition, and I love how chilled the sound design is. Can't wait to play this out when it snows again this winter <3


Yep I agree 100%, new name is Icicle Cave, wintery feels all the way! Glad you like it my dude


strolts wrote:

i'm so hopeful right now


gpsychosis wrote:

Let's Spelunking!!

heart


Q-Rosh wrote:

The track reminds me of the high Llamas. Very nice and easy.

Cheers!


orangedrink wrote:

Fantastic!  Did you make this with a "soundfont"?

Yep, 'nother one with the Pokemon Diamond soundfont (which is technically not SNES but it was close enough to the sampling engine so I went with it wink


Mission Crossing wrote:

Awesome portfolio piece! Gave me lots of nostalgia smile


I'm so glad thank you heart


antler wrote:

Yeah, right in those RPG feels! Can totally see me exploring some tundra mountain cave dungeon with this <3

Glad you liked it my dude heart

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up