Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Corruption 1-3

By Modulated Drummer on August 23, 2020 11:48 pm

If you love drums, effects and synths, or the content I create, please become a Patreon supporter TODAY.

https://www.patreon.com/modulateddrummer

› Fuck it

Here is a bit of the process behind this weeks track.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
August 24, 2020 2:10 pm

Very cool synth loops! I really like the distorted vocals (and the non distorted too). I don't know why but I find the fact that snare drum is panned left a little disturbing (I am so used to have it right in the center).

Very cool track.

August 24, 2020 4:14 pm
djippy wrote:

Very cool synth loops! I really like the distorted vocals (and the non distorted too). I don't know why but I find the fact that snare drum is panned left a little disturbing (I am so used to have it right in the center).

Very cool track.




Yo DJippy,

It feels like its been a while dude. How ya doing?

Thanks for the snare feedback. I was kinda going for what it would sound like if you were sitting at the kit. Snare and hats on the left, floor tom to the right. I noticed that it felt especially weird during the rim shot section in part 2, but I'm not sure why its so much more pronounced there.

What do you think of the Data Corrupter pedal on drums?

August 24, 2020 4:52 pm

I think that pedals on live drums like you do is pretty cool. This tune makes no exception. Your drums sounds very good.

August 24, 2020 4:59 pm
djippy wrote:

I think that pedals on live drums like you do is pretty cool. This tune makes no exception. Your drums sounds very good.


Thanks! This one really had a mind of its own. Super fun to mess around with!

August 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Very cool track.  I like how it runs through the different sections and there are some great distortion sounds here.  I always enjoy hearing the experiments you do with the drums also.  I'm definitely a fan of drums run through effects.

August 27, 2020 4:39 am

Oh i like that! The static, fuzz is strong in this one. And the vocals are very good and interestingly placed, between the ones in the back with reverb and the other radio-like (EQ-ed?). I dig this track a lot, it has a cool industrial feel to it. Faved it.

August 27, 2020 9:06 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Very cool track.  I like how it runs through the different sections and there are some great distortion sounds here.  I always enjoy hearing the experiments you do with the drums also.  I'm definitely a fan of drums run through effects.


Thanks Cosmic!!!

I often find it really hard to get a decent distortion tone on vox, but this track turned out pretty alright. Gotta try to save this setting for later smile

I'm still trying to find time to do a video on our virtual collab too. Can't wait to get that done. Sorry it's taking so long.


August 27, 2020 9:09 pm
Kedbreak136 wrote:

Oh i like that! The static, fuzz is strong in this one. And the vocals are very good and interestingly placed, between the ones in the back with reverb and the other radio-like (EQ-ed?). I dig this track a lot, it has a cool industrial feel to it. Faved it.

Yo Kedbreak,

Thanks!!! I wasn't sure what to expect from this pedal, but i was really stoked on its mad tendencies. It really helped push the song into the industrial zone you mentioned.

August 28, 2020 2:33 am

DOPE STUFF DUDE!!!! I knew you would have fun with that pedal! I really was gonna get one, just cause of its capabilities on every instrument.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up