Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / miraclemiles's music / What's the Business, Inspector Gadget?

What's the Business, Inspector Gadget?

By miraclemiles on November 15, 2020 10:58 pm

That's the question really. Inquiring minds need to know what's the biz, inspector?

This is an edit of a live session with fellow WB-er License. He held us down with drums via Octatrack, some bass / lead parts via Shruti, subtle blurbles from the 0-coast, and "Inspector Gadget" toasts through Kaoss Pad mini. I did the usual circuit monostation, a couple chords from the model:cycles, and weirdness and voice sounds via Organelle and Kaoss pad. We riff off each other for vocals. I started saying "spectate" and License brilliantly said "Inspector Gadget." I think we're both fans of the good inspector, and thanks to that shout out, had an idea for a bit of title, theme, image to use here. Video recorded our session so I did another video edit in Ableton Live. Couldn't resist a little more playing with time and warping video. Then added some Zwobot effects, which I tweaked in real time on one pass through to get what you see below. Posted our full 20 minute jam this came from too.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 16, 2020 1:39 am

These videos are great, man. Love how spontaneous your tracks feel in terms of flow and exploration. Really cool.

November 16, 2020 1:46 am

The videos have been a fun touch.  And who doesn't like some inspector gadget?  I've only ever made one music video, and it was fun, but took a lot of work.  I don't think I could manage doing that on top of making tracks for each week, so respect for that.  I like how it's sort of a live video performance but also has weird effects going on.

November 16, 2020 7:57 am

I love this animal collective. Everybody will. We should begin to think about sending you on tour.

November 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Nice flow, engaging bass, which sounds like the right gadgets were used to do this one.

November 18, 2020 3:55 pm

These vids are def fun to watch.  Seeing License's reaction to that glitchy part especially lol.  The overall groove reminded me of some of the Beastie Boys' instrumental jams.  Nice work guys!

November 22, 2020 5:46 am

Awesome sounds here. The percussion is so sick

November 29, 2020 1:03 am
hent03 wrote:

These videos are great, man. Love how spontaneous your tracks feel in terms of flow and exploration. Really cool.

Thanks so much! Glad you liked, and happy to hear that spontaneous feel comes through!

CosmicCairns wrote:

The videos have been a fun touch.  And who doesn't like some inspector gadget?  I've only ever made one music video, and it was fun, but took a lot of work.  I don't think I could manage doing that on top of making tracks for each week, so respect for that.  I like how it's sort of a live video performance but also has weird effects going on.

Hey thanks a lot. Many fond memories of the Inspector! Yeah the videos are adding some work, but it's still fun so I'll have to push to do more! Need to find that balance of not slacking too much on sound and editing.

Q-Rosh wrote:

I love this animal collective. Everybody will. We should begin to think about sending you on tour.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I hope people like some of these sounds smile -- Tour sure sounds fun some day. Hard to remember what seeing live music felt like it's been so long!

djippy wrote:

Nice flow, engaging bass, which sounds like the right gadgets were used to do this one.

Right on, thanks. Yeah I think we have our favorite gadgets for sure. We get tempted to switch them up all the time, but have been trying to keep using the same gear to keep getting better!

Tone Matrix wrote:

These vids are def fun to watch.  Seeing License's reaction to that glitchy part especially lol.  The overall groove reminded me of some of the Beastie Boys' instrumental jams.  Nice work guys!

Thank you! Yeah when he cracks up, that was great. We crack up a lot, maybe the best part of doing these. Can't wait to jam again, we're taking a break for virus safety and all that. Time to be even more cautious again with a spike in cases out here in Washington.

danju wrote:

Awesome sounds here. The percussion is so sick

Thank you, glad you liked!

November 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Shoot, this is awesome, love Inspector Gadget, the synth bass sounds so good, gets your head bobbing, I love watching your videos nice to see the process of how you lay down all these fine sounds.

Yesterday 12:01 am
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Shoot, this is awesome, love Inspector Gadget, the synth bass sounds so good, gets your head bobbing, I love watching your videos nice to see the process of how you lay down all these fine sounds.

Thanks! I think that bass is from License's Shruthi - it hasn't made it to all sessions, but hope that comes back for more! Glad you like videos, I like sharing the process smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up