Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Sangria

By miraclemiles on July 1, 2018 9:38 pm

One of those weeks with no clear plan. Start, see what comes out. Played a kind of lead line on Microkorg, sliced it and resamples on Push. Used an arpeggiated sample with lots of filtering experimentation for the stringish sound. My voice vocoded and heavily delayed by Kaoss pad. A few different drum tracks, with some swing. Love some swing. Did filter sweeps on one of the snares, which I enjoy. Felt good to just twist some knobs, record automation, and have experimenting and see what comes out.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
July 2, 2018 12:19 am

Funky with just a little hint of an "exotic" feel at times.  Lots of cool sounds to dig into.  A nice experiment.

July 2, 2018 12:58 am

The beats are intense and have a bit of a middle eastern flavor. Some really cool re-contextualizing of sounds. Cool laid back dub vibe!

July 2, 2018 4:01 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Funky with just a little hint of an "exotic" feel at times.  Lots of cool sounds to dig into.  A nice experiment.

Thanks very much for digging into it! - nice to bring a hint of the exotic (in whatever form that may take) into life at times

NWSPR wrote:

The beats are intense and have a bit of a middle eastern flavor. Some really cool re-contextualizing of sounds. Cool laid back dub vibe!

Thank you! Nice that you got that middle eastern flavor, I hear that too, a happy accident, but sounds I like for sure.

July 2, 2018 4:07 pm

Always feel energized by your posts, and this is no exception. Sweet!

July 2, 2018 4:08 pm

Sounds like the snares are being stepped on ::)

July 3, 2018 9:19 am

Oh this one has a nice vibe for dancing.
I am thinking of a beach party, a real one with just 20 people and a big boombox or an bycicle trailer music system.
Surely some sangria and lots of fun big_smile
Maybe the filtered snares gave me that beach idea...
Real nice!

July 4, 2018 3:40 pm

Getting a nice summery haze vibe with tasty middle-eastern highlights as NWSPR mentioned. I'm particularly fond of your percussion work heart

July 15, 2018 9:15 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Always feel energized by your posts, and this is no exception. Sweet!

That's great to hear, thanks! Feel the same about yours.

Jim Wood wrote:

Sounds like the snares are being stepped on ::)

ha, yes they do, makes me smile when I hear them.

theGuen wrote:

Oh this one has a nice vibe for dancing.
I am thinking of a beach party, a real one with just 20 people and a big boombox or an bycicle trailer music system.
Surely some sangria and lots of fun big_smile
Maybe the filtered snares gave me that beach idea...
Real nice!

Awesome - that is great image, so cool you saw that. That's a beach party I want to be at, with a big cup of Sangria for sure!

Gab Manette wrote:

Getting a nice summery haze vibe with tasty middle-eastern highlights as NWSPR mentioned. I'm particularly fond of your percussion work <3

Thank you! Yeah hazy is great descriptor here, nice. Cool that two people heard middle eastern vibe too, I hadn't been thinking that, but neat it happened. Glad you like the percussion too, probably my favorite parts to create smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up