Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Ella Albert

By miraclemiles on May 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Recorded 8 bars of my 13 year old daughter practicing piano to use as a starting point, both conceptually and literally because that recording is the first 8 bars of this. From there I deconstructed that 8 bar sample, sliced up on the Push, played new melodies with that, added another track of more deconstructions, bounced back to audio and converted to some basslines  Added some drum layers and here we go. I think that in real life, its the opposite. We give the kids some sample materials and life lessons, they chop that up, deconstruct and use what they want as they craft their own path.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 22, 2018 6:19 am

Seriously thought my computer was messing up.  Your daughter has done a very nice job!  Great family collab.  Absolutely love your last sentiment.  That is actually really deep.

Great track and great reflections.  I can hear the love for your family in the track.

May 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Great job! Love the changes of feel in the drums big_smile That second beat is soooo damn good with that bass...

Don't forget to clear your samples and put some Icecream money in her piggy bank wink

May 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Very nice piano playing, even if it's just the eight bars, but then even the most complex melodies are constructed out of simple individual notes.

May 22, 2018 4:46 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Seriously thought my computer was messing up.  Your daughter has done a very nice job!  Great family collab.  Absolutely love your last sentiment.  That is actually really deep.

Great track and great reflections.  I can hear the love for your family in the track.

Thanks so much, this comment made me feel good, lots of love for the family indeed. Ha, yeah some beat repeat and some AfroDJMac glitch FX really made it sound like computer failure. Glad that last sentiment resonated. Life's all one big remix!

theGuen wrote:

Great job! Love the changes of feel in the drums big_smile That second beat is soooo damn good with that bass...

Don't forget to clear your samples and put some Icecream money in her piggy bank wink

Thanks a lot, glad you like that beat, means a lot coming from great beat maker smile. Yeah, I'll have to clear that sample for sure, ice cream money, plus keep paying for those darn lessons! smile

Devieus wrote:

Very nice piano playing, even if it's just the eight bars, but then even the most complex melodies are constructed out of simple individual notes.

Thanks, that's a good fact to remember when struggling to come up with something ... one note at a time.

May 22, 2018 5:48 pm

Good use of the quite good source material. Nice!

May 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Great job with the sample! The drums and slicing/editing work really well together.

May 22, 2018 10:12 pm

classic mozart heart I love the way you cut this up, this is such a sweet little tune heart

May 23, 2018 12:09 am

The piano playing on its own is very nice and then the way you chopped it up and re-utilized it is inspired.  Really awesome stuff.

May 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Really cool use of the piano especially when the beat kicks in.  If this had a music video, I'd hope to see musical notes flying around the screen like butterflies! smile  Nice job!

May 31, 2018 2:37 am

beautiful!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up