Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / license's music / trade winds downtown

trade winds downtown

By license on February 7, 2016 5:41 am

Tried to keep it short, simple, and somewhat restrained. This time I found the melody dinking around on a keyboard, which I used to do a lot when my setup was basically an MPC and a monosynth.

Inspired by Z Nation.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
February 8, 2016 3:08 am

Cool drum sounds, I like the way their staccato-ness compliments the drum pattern. The syncopation with the melody is nice too.

February 8, 2016 5:01 am

Digging it. Like that main melody line, and  the groove. Inspired by Z nation as in the Sci-Fi channel show they film in Spokane? I could see this, and actually your other tracks too, being on there for sure!

February 8, 2016 8:26 pm

I really like the clipped drum envelopes on this, and the drum pattern really adds depth to the simplicity of the main melodic theme.  Nicely done.

February 14, 2016 10:14 pm
brim.stone wrote:

Cool drum sounds, I like the way their staccato-ness compliments the drum pattern. The syncopation with the melody is nice too.


onezero wrote:

I really like the clipped drum envelopes on this, and the drum pattern really adds depth to the simplicity of the main melodic theme.  Nicely done.


Thank you smile

miraclemiles wrote:

Digging it. Like that main melody line, and  the groove. Inspired by Z nation as in the Sci-Fi channel show they film in Spokane? I could see this, and actually your other tracks too, being on there for sure!


Yep, that's the one, and the title comes from the shuttered hotel on 3rd where they filmed one of the season 2 episodes smile

March 17, 2016 2:09 am

Really like the ambience on this one ...! Could benefit from having one more pad like track imho

March 17, 2016 4:49 am
XC3N wrote:

Really like the ambience on this one ...! Could benefit from having one more pad like track imho


Oh yes, this one was quite skeletal. I don't know if a pad is what I would have chosen but maybe a murky, long-decay reverb on the lead to accentuate that "cloudy" feel that this has for me.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up