Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

2020-03-15

By license on March 15, 2020 7:10 pm

I just couldn't be arsed this week. Sorry.

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

March 16, 2020 12:43 am

Some weeks you just gotta get something down. Nothing wrong with this effort though, some pretty fun sounds in here!

March 16, 2020 5:59 pm

seriously even if you cant be, this has some cool sounds in there

March 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Simon Koehn wrote:

gesceap wrote:

seriously even if you cant be, this has some cool sounds in there

Thank you both! Glad it was somewhat enjoyable.

March 17, 2020 10:02 pm

I can't even be arsed this YEAR

love the kick/snare/hat combo.  then you have some great metal sounds.

how did you do that super grind ending?  it sounds like you are lengthening the sample length for everything?  love that.

so yeah, it was fun!

March 18, 2020 3:27 am
orangedrink wrote:

I can't even be arsed this YEAR

heart

orangedrink wrote:

love the kick/snare/hat combo.  then you have some great metal sounds.

so yeah, it was fun!

Thank you!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Super grind = the fast retrigger thing on the MnM BBOX machine which, yeah, I'm 99% sure is just sample length.

March 26, 2020 11:06 pm

I know the feeling, great job though. Keep going!

March 28, 2020 4:41 am
Ryan wrote:

I know the feeling, great job though. Keep going!

Thank you!! Trying not to break the chain!

April 2, 2020 3:32 am

I don't know what arsed means?! I get your gist tho, props for putting something down. I've always liked your mono and octa outputs.
Heavy man. I'm a little scurred, lol. I do like those metal sounds, and that wet stutteryness. Like some biotech in Borne (I'm loving that book). This would go in parts of that world. Those modified kids moshing perhaps.

April 2, 2020 11:33 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Haha, "Arsed" is like English slang for "bothered", I bet Jon would know it wink Thanks man! Yeah I should use these guys more often. Yeah I went to That Place with this one, biotech is a great metaphor. I'm stoked that you are enjoying the book and I'm glad I was able to lend you it before we went lockdown!