Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

2020-03-15

By license on March 15, 2020 7:10 pm

I just couldn't be arsed this week. Sorry.

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

  • Play
  • Download
March 16, 2020 12:43 am

Some weeks you just gotta get something down. Nothing wrong with this effort though, some pretty fun sounds in here!

March 16, 2020 5:59 pm

seriously even if you cant be, this has some cool sounds in there

March 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Simon Koehn wrote:

Some weeks you just gotta get something down. Nothing wrong with this effort though, some pretty fun sounds in here!

gesceap wrote:

seriously even if you cant be, this has some cool sounds in there


Thank you both! Glad it was somewhat enjoyable.

March 17, 2020 10:02 pm

I can't even be arsed this YEAR

love the kick/snare/hat combo.  then you have some great metal sounds.

how did you do that super grind ending?  it sounds like you are lengthening the sample length for everything?  love that.

so yeah, it was fun!

March 18, 2020 3:27 am
orangedrink wrote:

I can't even be arsed this YEAR


heart

orangedrink wrote:


love the kick/snare/hat combo.  then you have some great metal sounds.

how did you do that super grind ending?  it sounds like you are lengthening the sample length for everything?  love that.

so yeah, it was fun!


Thank you!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Super grind = the fast retrigger thing on the MnM BBOX machine which, yeah, I'm 99% sure is just sample length.

March 26, 2020 11:06 pm

I know the feeling, great job though. Keep going!

March 28, 2020 4:41 am
Ryan wrote:

I know the feeling, great job though. Keep going!


Thank you!! Trying not to break the chain!

April 2, 2020 3:32 am

I don't know what arsed means?! I get your gist tho, props for putting something down. I've always liked your mono and octa outputs.
Heavy man. I'm a little scurred, lol. I do like those metal sounds, and that wet stutteryness. Like some biotech in Borne (I'm loving that book). This would go in parts of that world. Those modified kids moshing perhaps.

April 2, 2020 11:33 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

I don't know what arsed means?! I get your gist tho, props for putting something down. I've always liked your mono and octa outputs.
Heavy man. I'm a little scurred, lol. I do like those metal sounds, and that wet stutteryness. Like some biotech in Borne (I'm loving that book). This would go in parts of that world. Those modified kids moshing perhaps.


Haha, "Arsed" is like English slang for "bothered", I bet Jon would know it wink Thanks man! Yeah I should use these guys more often. Yeah I went to That Place with this one, biotech is a great metaphor. I'm stoked that you are enjoying the book and I'm glad I was able to lend you it before we went lockdown!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up