2020-02-22

By license on February 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Couldn't think of a proper title, but the date looked cool so I went with that.

The week got away from me in terms of SuperCollider exploration, so here's an edit/layering of 2 separate PO-12 jams from 2 different days, with different effects. The jams were heavily trimmed and split into 3 layers: "rhythm", "drone" and "strike". At some point I ran out of "drone". The lines were fairly blurry and arbitrary, anyway.

Come to think of it, Greyhole is implemented in SC so you're still hearing quite a bit of it in here smile

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

February 24, 2020 2:57 am

Phwoar some craazy sounds in there. Love it. Plentiful Autechre-ish moments. Its such fun that POs can sound so huge.

February 24, 2020 3:40 am
Simon Koehn wrote:

Wow, thank you very much. Those guys are my #1 heroes so that's a large compliment. Yeah, I don't know what it is about the PO-12, but it's the most fun thing to just mess up into oblivion.

February 26, 2020 11:28 pm

I love the steam-like sound textures and industrial/psychedelic vibe to some of this! Wild sonic landscape. Very different.

February 27, 2020 4:55 am
ngineer wrote:

Thank you very much smile Yay reverb!

March 3, 2020 9:57 am

This is the perfect soundtrack to something bad happening. I really enjoy the range of textures this piece moved through.

March 3, 2020 2:18 pm
Ryan wrote:

Thank you very much. It's fun to jam like this because it's easy to just end up with lots of varied textures and then move sections around until they have some kind of logic.

April 2, 2020 3:35 am

Cool atmos .what a trip.. lol, "soundtrack to something bad happening", yeah that's possible. This gets in the head, and takes ya places. I hear those dang bio engineered kids from Borne again!!

April 2, 2020 11:18 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

lol yes, they're comin' to GITCHA!!! Hope you're enjoying the book so far smile