WeeklyBeats.com / Music / laguna's music / Looking for a lost rainbow

Looking for a lost rainbow

By laguna on April 6, 2020 12:01 am

This week destiny gave me another gift in the form of an almost fully formed track from July 2015. I've been doodling around some (somewhat promising but inconclussive) sonic sketches and trying to enjoy myself during my free time. Almost no news, no pandemic statistics and no politicians arguing onstage.

Just my PS4 playing the wonderful "Until Down" and some "Detroit", and watching tv with my family.

I chosed this project because it felt somehow both nice, bouncy and a little disjointed and out of place at the same time, like something is missing or could be improved somewhere. I don't want to sound pretentious or anything but this captures the mood of these days for me.

As some of you may know, I work in shifts, away from home for several days. Next weekend I'll leave for maybe fifteen to twenty days and still don't know certain "trivial" details like accomodation and complete schedule because, even under these exceptional conditions we're all living in, some people in charge, sitting in front of their precious Excel sheets think that "we should check the numbers first and don't make unnecessary expenses". If we had a zombie outbreak, I'm sure they are the kind of people who wouldn't authorise purchasing baseball bats because "wood is expensive" sad

I don't want to bore you with the details, because a lot of people is having much much harder times than me. Being here, healthy and safe, typing my song's description is a privilege in itself.

It just feels like I need a mental break from all the nonsense, from the side of society that shows it's worse side when people (and themselves) need the most to be supportive and caring to each other.

I want my happy place, I want to find my lost rainbow smile

Sorry for the rant. You all give me strenght, both with your art and your words. Thanks for being out here in the world, Weeklybeats family. Take care of yourselves, wherever you are around this beautiful planet of ours.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

April 13, 2020 12:43 am

Still sounding impressive.

April 13, 2020 12:59 am

Sweet track, really great work on the percussion.

April 13, 2020 1:07 am
E-dub wrote:

Still sounding impressive.

Thanks a lot, Edmund. I wrote a little description, though I didn't finished on time for the upload.

It's always appreciated everytime you drop by and have a listen smile

Mission Crossing wrote:

Sweet track, really great work on the percussion.

Man, it's really appreciated. I wrote a little song description after you commented, and I'm still not sure where this song was going initially, though it sounded to me kinda bouncy and somewhat happy at moments.

Again, really thankful for your continuous feedback, Mission Crossing

April 13, 2020 1:59 pm

this is a rainbow, bright and full, round and colourful for my ears. Very good. Stay strong.

April 13, 2020 5:09 pm

oh nice this is great, smooth good use of effects

April 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Every bit of the percussion is fantastic. Listened to it twice to grab everything. Well done!

April 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Amazing track, man! Faved!
Sounds perfect to me! Very intricate ... I love the percussion - so diverse, so well-chosen, ... Loved every second of it!

April 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Nice find!  This sounds great, like the dubby feel of the keys, title also works well as there is a sense of mystery in the music.

April 18, 2020 1:37 am

This is a thoroughly enjoyable track. Lot of cool rhythmic interplay with the melodies and the dynamic transitions are very tastefully woven together.

Yeah, work bureaucracy can be pretty lame. It always feels like there's a large disconnect between my department and others, sometimes they have the authority and even though we know better we're the ones that get screwed. Stay in good health!

April 18, 2020 5:23 pm

You too heart Also appreciating weeklybeats a huge amount at the moment, it's just a pure nice thing in my life. Great texture as usual, and I have such a soft spot for minimal chords. Kudos for keeping up the wb in the circumstances man, rooting for ya over here heart

April 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Another cool groovy and soothing track from ya.  I dig when those main chords came in.  Super deep bass line too.  Don't forget the bats need some nails at the end too tongue