WeeklyBeats.com / Music / laguna's music / Give Durand what Durand deserves

Give Durand what Durand deserves

By laguna on May 31, 2020 11:46 pm

Totally rushed this time, I just had time for a brief intro/bridge.

Chopping small fragments of a huge classic and its main riff: "Save a prayer" by Duran Duran, a true classic.

My track is nowhere near that, but it's fun to play with pop history from time to time.

The name of the track is not a spelling error, but a reference to the infamous Doctor Durand Durand from the movie "Barbarella", which inspired the band's name.

I should be definetely sleeping right now (still on duty).

Peace out to you, Weeklybeats citizens, all around the world smile

I r

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

June 1, 2020 12:34 am

Oooh I like this!!! Reminds me of Carbon Based Lifeforms, but that beat takes it over the top.

June 3, 2020 6:45 am

I LOOOOOOOVE Duran Duran and Save A Prayer - totally unrecognizable to me, very cool!

GO TO SLEEP smile

June 3, 2020 2:24 pm

Excellent gravelly texture on that clap, I can feel the stones crunching under my boots. The rhythm on that hats is also sick, absolutely love the way it clicks into triplets and back. Great textures as usual heart

June 5, 2020 3:18 am

This is great, love the beat, I'm very familiar with Save A Prayer and if you never told me it was in here I would have no idea, can maybe faintly make out part of the melody chopped in here.  I would like to hear more of these pop history reworks.

June 6, 2020 5:18 pm

its a bogo with Durand, sick beat!

June 10, 2020 3:01 pm

this is so dope... love the crunchy snare texture and the riffs...