Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Kedbreak136's music / The Beast of the Gevaudan (don't feed the animals)

The Beast of the Gevaudan (don't feed the animals)

By Kedbreak136 on November 20, 2020 7:47 am

I had this draft of a track a few weeks ago but could not finish it. I had the first part of the track but could not find what comes next. After letting it stay for some time and relistening to it, the latter half came naturally so there you go.

This track is loosely based on the story of the beast of the gevaudan, which is a true story from France in 18th century where a beast (or several) killed many people across a few years. Hence the wolves. And snow and wind, that comes with the territory. And harpsichord. And electronic bass?

Some KHS one, some FLEX, a few samples on the top, all done in FL Studio. I had little time to listen to tracks this week. There is so much good stuff, I need to catch up next week.

November 23, 2020 12:50 am

Cool track!  The transition from the first to the second half is intense and works really well.  Speaking of which, that second half is crazy!  It really sounds like you're being mauled by wolves.

November 23, 2020 1:25 am

I love when the bass comes in near the end. I feel like it would be really, really cool to double it with the distorted guitar sound you've used in the past; it might some impact to the feeling of tension you've created. Just an idea that popped into my head as I was listening! smile

November 23, 2020 3:00 am

Sweet man, love the theme and how well you played to it.  Electronic bass plays well in any setting to, so you're good here.

November 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Wind, wolves, a really cathy melody theme, crazy samples and lots of tension from 1:51 on. You sucked me into this audiostory about beasts and brutality. Very catchy. WOW.

November 24, 2020 4:22 am

Love the crunching footsteps in the snow samples, great idea for a theme to the track, sounds awesome when the wolf howls and that bass comes in, brutal ending, those people got torn apart!

November 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Très cool soundscape. J'aime beaucoup l'intro avec le vent. Le build up est réussi. Allons chasser les loups.

November 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Bass goes harddd

November 24, 2020 6:35 pm

This song is savage.

November 26, 2020 7:52 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Thank you! Exotic animals sounds package from splice, using a wide range of variations of growls and vocalization from wolves, panned out. I feel sometimes I spend more time hunting for samples than on the composition but that's the way it works for me. smile

hent03 wrote:

Yes indeed, good idea. I should try it to give that second part a little more meat and bite (dad pun intended).

Chrisfoo wrote:

I love electronic bass, especially the sound that FLEX provides. Thanks for listening!

Q-Rosh wrote:

Thank you! smile

Jason Nijjer wrote:

The footsteps sample package on Splice is a gold mine to set ambiances. smile

djippy wrote:

Merci! Allons chasser les loups avant qu'ils nous chassent.

danju wrote:

Bass goes harddd

Neuro bass is always welcome.

Devieus wrote:

This song is savage.

November 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Woooh, watch out! This does get super savage. I'm on high alert. Walking through the snow ... the melody gives some hope for survival, but the adventure commences! Killer ending. Grr.

December 1, 2020 1:03 pm

The wintry mix intro sounded great.  Crunchy snow steps are always so satisfying.  This was a nice walk in the snow that turned into RUN! it's the savage beast!!! The synth bass sounds really sinister with those growls.  Well done!

December 4, 2020 12:02 am

THE TAGS ARE AMAZING

December 4, 2020 12:04 am

The sound effects are great, really makes this sound like an audio story.

December 7, 2020 12:58 am

When that second half kicks it, it's completely bad ass.

December 7, 2020 1:30 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Tone Matrix wrote:

Right? The sound of steps in the snow, there is something about this crunch that is just awesome. I am so happy to be able to get a footstep library, the great underrated type of library!

Thank you!

orangedrink wrote:

THE TAGS ARE AMAZING

The sound effects are great, really makes this sound like an audio story.

NICE DOGGIE!
I noticed the tags are displayed in alphabetical order, not in the order you entered them. I'll need to keep that in mind for next time. smile

ViridianLoom wrote:

When that second half kicks it, it's completely bad ass.

Thanks a lot! smile

December 13, 2020 10:58 am

Love the sound of snow.  It's so textural.  Wolves too for that matter.  And harpsichord.  You should have written the old 'wait for it....' in the description.  Haha.