Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Kedbreak136's music / The Ballad of Alucard

The Ballad of Alucard

By Kedbreak136 on November 8, 2020 9:55 am

This track came unexpected, uninvited but most welcome on Sunday night. I stumbled upon a bass riff that led the whole track to write itself (ok, most of it, I did have to do editing, removing some parts, adding others and choosing appropriate samples to spice it). It's a mix of gothic horror, disco terror and random acoustic guitars.

The OST of Hellsing, a Japanese anime of the early 2000s definitely had something to do with the bass riff and trying to get keyboard lines that work with it. Undeads, big guns, absurdity and a vampire that hunts down nazis - that is just the right mix to unplug the brain and enjoy some animation.

I'm happy I got the bass to sound better this week, I recorded this time in passive before applying distortion and interestingly it sounds bigger. Also a good high pass on the bass (thanks @onezero !) to leave space for the kick. I had fun with this one, that felt good. The KHS One (free for still a few days) is also on a few lines here, this is a great synth!


This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 9, 2020 12:37 am

Dude, this track rocks. The bass sound is sick. Love the laugh, too; very nice touch.

November 9, 2020 1:57 am

Sounds like Halloween has hung around for an extra week.  It does have a spooky but also cartoonish vibe to it.  The samples definitely add a certain something to it as well.

November 9, 2020 3:38 am

Very fun indeed, and that distorted bass sound is great. Le coté cartoon est assez réussi.

November 9, 2020 8:47 am

Now that sounded like a fun party!

November 9, 2020 1:26 pm

Whoa. This is rumbling fun. That bass is mighty nasty and so fitting for an anime.

November 10, 2020 12:13 am
hent03 wrote:

Dude, this track rocks. The bass sound is sick. Love the laugh, too; very nice touch.

Thank you! I'm happy I finally captured the bass sound I was looking for. The laugh came at the end, it was really missing something and that's where I decided to look for and add a cartoonish evil laugh. smile

CosmicCairns wrote:

Sounds like Halloween has hung around for an extra week.  It does have a spooky but also cartoonish vibe to it.  The samples definitely add a certain something to it as well.

Yes indeed, that would have been appropriate for Halloween!

djippy wrote:

Very fun indeed, and that distorted bass sound is great. Le coté cartoon est assez réussi.

Merci beaucoup!

rdomain wrote:

Now that sounded like a fun party!

Much fun was enjoyed by the surviving members. Thank you for listening!

Anon_Buster wrote:

Whoa. This is rumbling fun. That bass is mighty nasty and so fitting for an anime.

I definitely went for that Japanese anime bass sound vibe, they always have crazy musicians and sick productions. smile

November 10, 2020 6:19 pm

The intro could have been my own work, but the rest is beyond my imagination. So powerful and accurate. Very well done.

November 11, 2020 12:05 am

Rockin'! A Halloweeny track after Halloween, love it!

November 11, 2020 9:17 am

That drop at: ~01:15, so tasteful and what a fantastic stereo effect! This track has everything! As usual, well done kedbreak!

November 11, 2020 10:42 pm

I see how that big bass riff could spawn a song, awesome. I smiled big at that first drop and the synths. Then that voice riding a long, what a wild ride. Proper good spooky dance party here. Just another "mix of gothic horror, disco terror and random acoustic guitars." ... lol, that description also made me smile. esp. "disco terror", that's awesome, did you make that up? I'm off to google.

November 11, 2020 11:09 pm

Great goth punk vibe!

The lead at 1:28 could be a little loud, but might just be me.

lol DISCO TERROR perfect.

November 12, 2020 12:56 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

The intro could have been my own work, but the rest is beyond my imagination. So powerful and accurate. Very well done.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

Mission Crossing wrote:

Rockin'! A Halloweeny track after Halloween, love it!

Better late than never. smile

ScanianWolf wrote:

That drop at: ~01:15, so tasteful and what a fantastic stereo effect! This track has everything! As usual, well done kedbreak!

Thanks a lot! It's the Daft Arp from FLEX synth in FL studio, such a synth and cool present. smile

miraclemiles wrote:

I see how that big bass riff could spawn a song, awesome. I smiled big at that first drop and the synths. Then that voice riding a long, what a wild ride. Proper good spooky dance party here. Just another "mix of gothic horror, disco terror and random acoustic guitars." ... lol, that description also made me smile. esp. "disco terror", that's awesome, did you make that up? I'm off to google.

Thank you for the very nice comment! It's sily how changing strings can make me love my bass again and we've been spending a lot of quality creative time together. Disco Terror Forever! smile

orangedrink wrote:

Great goth punk vibe!

The lead at 1:28 could be a little loud, but might just be me.

lol DISCO TERROR perfect.

Yes you're right indeed, that leads is a bit loud, I should adjust this. Thank you for listening this!

November 12, 2020 5:21 pm

The combination of gritty rock and the synths work amazingly here!

November 13, 2020 2:23 am

"Gothic horror, disco terror and random acoustic guitars" is a pretty awesome and accurate description for this.  Sounds really cool man.

November 13, 2020 7:48 am

It feels appropriately absurd. Lots of funny stabs, over the top bass, it's basically Alucard.

November 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Woo! Super fun track!

November 15, 2020 1:09 pm
danju wrote:

The combination of gritty rock and the synths work amazingly here!

Thank you!



Chrisfoo wrote:

"Gothic horror, disco terror and random acoustic guitars" is a pretty awesome and accurate description for this.  Sounds really cool man.

I appreciate the comment! smile


Devieus wrote:

It feels appropriately absurd. Lots of funny stabs, over the top bass, it's basically Alucard.

The most absurd and over the top vampires of them all, Alucard. Thanks for listening!



Simon Koehn wrote:

Woo! Super fun track!

Thank you! smile

November 15, 2020 7:46 pm

That bass line is FILTHY!!! Holy shit this track goes. Love the change at 1:15. Such a cool unique sound.

November 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Disco Terror?  Ooooh yea there it is!  Love those lil rev parts.  The bassline is super catchy.  The overall tone is just awesome.  This was a fun track to listen to. Muahahaha!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up