WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Kedbreak136's music / Popsicle (Imma turn you into a)

Popsicle (Imma turn you into a)

By Kedbreak136 on June 21, 2020 8:56 am

If you have not watched The Warriors, drop down everything and go watch it and then we can talk. It's so bad in many ways that it's just a beautiful cult movie.

I feel this track would benefit maybe from some raw guitar layers and maybe some restructuring but this is as far as I could go this week.

June 22, 2020 12:23 am

Really love how you use a voice sample to kick off a new section. And the quote is excellent, too.

June 22, 2020 12:47 am

Woah. That 80's bass feels so good

June 22, 2020 1:29 am

Nice man, I havent seen this movie in like 15 years.  Might need to revisit now.  I love that syncy synth lead in the left ear that keeps popping up.  Super cool tone.  I agree with @danju too, that bass is about as 80s as it gets.

June 22, 2020 3:17 am

It is very hot in Montreal at the moment, I would gladly eat popsicles... Very nice track.

June 22, 2020 5:04 am

I've never seen the movie but I've played the video game for whatever reason. I think it was made by Rockstar? I don't recall.

And hell yeah, them basslinessss

June 22, 2020 11:20 am

this is great. No extra row guitars needed, but if you do, I am horny to listen to it.

June 22, 2020 7:20 pm

It would be interesting to see how some raw guitars would change this, but it works as is and the synth bass slaps for sure.

June 24, 2020 1:04 am
hent03 wrote:

Best quote in the movie! Ajax did give a beating to these baseball furies.

danju wrote:

Woah. That 80's bass feels so good

Thank you, that was the intent. The sound of that time!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Good old sytrus for left synth line and FLEX for the 80s bass. The movie has not aged in a bad way.

djippy wrote:

Thank you! You're lucky, it's rainy season here - not very hot and mostly rainy. I wonder if they ever did baseball furies popsicles. Probably not, it was not the time of heavy merchandising yet (apart from star wars obviously).

ViridianLoom wrote:

And hell yeah, them basslinessss

Yes indeed Rockstar made a beat'em up from that. Fun movie, don't expect anything deep though. smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

I was thinking of just a little layering to add some rawness and organic sound. And maybe to do something a bit more interesting towards the end as it falls a bit flat.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Good old 80s simple 4/4 bass. smile

June 24, 2020 1:27 am

Dude this is awesome. Its been so long since Ive seen the movie too. A buddy of mine dressed up as one of the baseball furies in college. It was awesome, but super creepy at the same time. An 80s movie reference/face paint with a bunch of drunk girls doesnt mix. Haha.

June 24, 2020 4:26 am

oh wow, this is a ride! totally had forgotten about this movie

June 29, 2020 12:13 am
Saucey-dough wrote:

Haha i can imagine. With perspective they look like a baseball fan version of marilyn manson.

codydjango wrote:

oh wow, this is a ride! totally had forgotten about this movie

It aged well in its own cultish cheesy way!

July 1, 2020 8:18 pm

nice synth and bass work!