Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Kedbreak136's music / Blue Sand Lizard

Blue Sand Lizard

By Kedbreak136 on June 7, 2020 5:56 am

A hard guitars, pedal to the metal raw rock songs though I could not help adding random samples and an arpeggiator. There is still a lot of learning to do on how to mix guitars and have a good general balance of the mix but I feel i'm slowly progressing.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 8, 2020 12:20 am

I love the arpeggio interlude. There's a lot of building tension to that particular section of the track, and the way the guitars lead back into the main riff is sick.

June 8, 2020 12:27 am

This is great! haha. The gif is a great addition. The intense guitars are great. Is that amp sim or mic. recorded amps?

June 8, 2020 12:52 am
hent03 wrote:

I love the arpeggio interlude. There's a lot of building tension to that particular section of the track, and the way the guitars lead back into the main riff is sick.

I struggled with that transition and trying to go from the main riff to the break. You can hear a few samples (thunder, car speeding away) trying to hide the ugly lack of transition. But then after a lot of tries and errors, i decided to go with a good old synthwave arp. That always helps.


Anon_Buster wrote:

This is great! haha. The gif is a great addition. The intense guitars are great. Is that amp sim or mic. recorded amps?

Thank you! The guitars are all recorded direct and I used Bias FX 2 to apply effects. The main riff has two different guitar tracks that play different variations of the same riff and have different effects to them to try to have a good balance of snarliness (is that a word?).

June 8, 2020 2:31 am

Awesome intro, that take you right into the story and scene, and then wow this just kicks ass, pedal to the floor! Gif fits this great. Guitar huge and solid, drums get things pumping perfectly. Agree, that arp interlude is killer, a new dimension. Fun one!

June 8, 2020 12:18 pm

Fuck yes. New dimension with that interlude. I like how raw the guitars sound. Gives it the grungy-ness the song needs.

June 8, 2020 5:56 pm

I feel like I'm participating in Speed Racer haha! Awesome track man

June 8, 2020 7:42 pm

The car sounds are awesome.  It took me a second to realize I was looking at a gif and not watching a video with sound.  Then the guitars are just loud and nasty in the best possible way.  This rocks hard.  The synth sounds that come in are a nice touch also.  They add some nice unexpected textures.

June 8, 2020 11:19 pm

Lol the gif and the intro made me feel like I was watching a movie this was the soundtrack for! I especially like the riffs toward the middle and onward once all the guitars are locked in and rocking, then they roll out perfectly for the synth. The bassline fits great. Nice job. Would fit great in an album I'd listen to.

June 9, 2020 8:02 am

Everything is megacool here. The gif, the guitars, the drumbeat, the synth, THE ENDING!!!!!. WOW.
I propose, we could call it metal-grunge-surf music.

June 9, 2020 8:14 am

Fantastic energy in this, the transitions tell an exciting story here.

June 9, 2020 10:26 pm

This is really cool, definitely intense car chase energy here. The pace is fast and relentless, I especially liked how you were able to incorporate dynamics like the interlude at 2:20 playing at a lower volume but the drums are still maintaining that driving energy like the chase is still going. It's actually a really cool compositional technique.

June 10, 2020 8:47 am
miraclemiles wrote:

Awesome intro, that take you right into the story and scene, and then wow this just kicks ass, pedal to the floor! Gif fits this great. Guitar huge and solid, drums get things pumping perfectly. Agree, that arp interlude is killer, a new dimension. Fun one!

Thank you! I find that splice is such a treasure when it comes to random samples. I used profusely the "Auto and vehicles" sample pack there, between doors opening, doors closing, car passing, etc. smile



Jokinen wrote:

Fuck yes. New dimension with that interlude. I like how raw the guitars sound. Gives it the grungy-ness the song needs.

Thank you. It's the first time I am able to make guitars sound decent on a recording. Mix skils are slowly improving.

danju wrote:

I feel like I'm participating in Speed Racer haha! Awesome track man


Thank you for listening!


CosmicCairns wrote:

The car sounds are awesome.  It took me a second to realize I was looking at a gif and not watching a video with sound.  Then the guitars are just loud and nasty in the best possible way.  This rocks hard.  The synth sounds that come in are a nice touch also.  They add some nice unexpected textures.

Thank you! When in doubt, go for synthwave arp.



ngineer wrote:

Lol the gif and the intro made me feel like I was watching a movie this was the soundtrack for! I especially like the riffs toward the middle and onward once all the guitars are locked in and rocking, then they roll out perfectly for the synth. The bassline fits great. Nice job. Would fit great in an album I'd listen to.

Thank you, I really appreciate the comment.

June 10, 2020 8:53 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

Everything is megacool here. The gif, the guitars, the drumbeat, the synth, THE ENDING!!!!!. WOW.
I propose, we could call it metal-grunge-surf music.

Yep, driving safely is important.
Metal-grunge-surf music, that works! smile



Devieus wrote:

Fantastic energy in this, the transitions tell an exciting story here.

Thank you!



ViridianLoom wrote:

This is really cool, definitely intense car chase energy here. The pace is fast and relentless, I especially liked how you were able to incorporate dynamics like the interlude at 2:20 playing at a lower volume but the drums are still maintaining that driving energy like the chase is still going. It's actually a really cool compositional technique.

Thank you!

I think we all probably have a similar experience but when working on these weekly beats, there are a lot of different ideas popping up but some of them act more like a catalyst. They help redirect the track into a new direction even though in the end we may remove that specific idea, it's not in the final track except as a shadow mark as it helped lead the track there. So a lot of trials and errors and cloning/changing arrangements in FL studio has been helpful editing things out/back in and exploring weird tangents.

I really appreciate weekly beats to have the ability to go down the rabbit hole and do random tracks without complex, to learn and have fun. This has been a great experience.

June 10, 2020 6:18 pm

oh yeahhhhhh nice rockin

June 12, 2020 10:08 pm

hell yeah, this is fuckin awesome!  sorry ive missed some of your past tracks, im going to listen to them tonight while gamin.  love the end section after the synthy section mixing with the guitars then right back into the guitars and tire squeals.  drive fast n kick ass

June 14, 2020 1:34 am
gesceap wrote:

oh yeahhhhhh nice rockin

Thank you!


demonzor wrote:

hell yeah, this is fuckin awesome!  sorry ive missed some of your past tracks, im going to listen to them tonight while gamin.  love the end section after the synthy section mixing with the guitars then right back into the guitars and tire squeals.  drive fast n kick ass

Thank you for listening! smile

June 14, 2020 6:04 pm
danju wrote:

I feel like I'm participating in Speed Racer haha! Awesome track man

Haha hell yea. Great comment. Love the panning of the screeching tires. The riff at 3:17 really kicks it up a notch!

June 15, 2020 5:14 pm

This HAULS! Inventive and driving and fun, would *love* to see this live smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up