Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Kedbreak136's music / 風神雷神 - Fujin and Raijin

風神雷神 - Fujin and Raijin

By Kedbreak136 on March 29, 2020 4:38 am

This is cherry blossom season in Japan and traditionally an opportunity to get out in the parks with a lot of people and get blind drunk under the trees. Of course this is not an option this year. On top of that, the weather has decided to go banana. Crazy winds on Friday, screaming across the bamboo trees, heatwave on Saturday and snow storm on Sunday.
In honor to all this craziness, I have attempted to celebrate Fujin and Raijin, respectively gods of the Wind and of the Thunder.
This is a mix of sliced taiko samples, a shamisen soundfont and some recordings I got out in the wild on my phone.

As the Noh guys says, "yooooohooooo".

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 30, 2020 12:18 am

March 30, 2020 12:29 am

The vocals and rain are a very nice touch.

March 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Surprising sounds to hear on weekly beats. Very cool, and a welcome celebration! I like the drums and can picture a group of drummers playing.

March 30, 2020 5:27 pm

素晴らしいよ!I'm sure Fujin and Raijin will be pleased! Very nice song, sorry about hanami not panning out this year :<

April 2, 2020 6:16 am
Ipaghost wrote:


Perfectly appropriate!


hent03 wrote:

The vocals and rain are a very nice touch.

100% certified Yokohama rain.



NWSPR wrote:

Surprising sounds to hear on weekly beats. Very cool, and a welcome celebration! I like the drums and can picture a group of drummers playing.

Gab Manette wrote:

素晴らしいよ!I'm sure Fujin and Raijin will be pleased! Very nice song, sorry about hanami not panning out this year :&lt;

Thank you guys! We'll make sure to enjoy hanami twice as much next time around!

April 3, 2020 3:44 am

Awesome track!  Love the energy in this.

April 3, 2020 12:05 pm

Great to hear something different hear and I'm a fan of Japan and even Fujin and Raijin.  The koto/taiko combo is solid.  I actually play in a death metal band with Japanese influences and we have a song Fujin and Raijin.  Two separate songs though.  Here's the EP those 2 songs are on.  smile

https://tzuntzu.bandcamp.com/album/the- … en-gods-ep

April 4, 2020 10:25 am

You can still get blind drunk, just in the safety of your own home.

Great work, sounds authentic.

April 6, 2020 12:45 am

I love that this played right after some techno stuff and right before some really chill bedroom producer sounding stuff. Such an exciting sound, and so unique on WB rn!

April 8, 2020 12:49 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

Awesome track!  Love the energy in this.

Thank you!


rdomain wrote:

Great to hear something different hear and I'm a fan of Japan and even Fujin and Raijin.  The koto/taiko combo is solid.  I actually play in a death metal band with Japanese influences and we have a song Fujin and Raijin.  Two separate songs though.  Here's the EP those 2 songs are on.  smile

https://tzuntzu.bandcamp.com/album/the- … en-gods-ep

Oh that's cool. I'll check it out!


Devieus wrote:

You can still get blind drunk, just in the safety of your own home.

Great work, sounds authentic.

scottux wrote:

I love that this played right after some techno stuff and right before some really chill bedroom producer sounding stuff. Such an exciting sound, and so unique on WB rn!

Thank you guys! Weekly beats is awesome for the diversity and the range of stuff here. This is really motivating.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up