Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

weary

By kaedo sevaada on March 9, 2018 3:56 am

“I am old, Gandalf. I don't look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed! Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
March 12, 2018 1:20 am

Very effective: nice guitar and percussion, ethereal vocals.

March 12, 2018 1:40 am

yyyyyyYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

March 12, 2018 6:33 am

So simple but effective.  Love the emotive vocals with the guitar.

March 12, 2018 11:39 am

love this feeling.

March 12, 2018 11:43 am

The guitar is pure bliss, the rest is a blessing.

March 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Lovely piece of music

March 12, 2018 5:45 pm

the percussions are great!
Love the pushing feel with that guitar...

March 13, 2018 2:27 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Very effective: nice guitar and percussion, ethereal vocals.

strolts wrote:

yyyyyyYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Q-Rosh wrote:

love this feeling.

rdomain wrote:

So simple but effective.  Love the emotive vocals with the guitar.

Devieus wrote:

The guitar is pure bliss, the rest is a blessing.

emm wrote:

Lovely piece of music

theGuen wrote:

the percussions are great!
Love the pushing feel with that guitar...

All the instrumentation/guitar/percussion are stock garage band loops that I messed around a bit with & my vocals were totally blown from screaming at a show that week - I tried to keep it instrumental but kept hearing that vocal part & just tried to roll with it as that was the state of my voice last week smile  Thank you all for listening & your kind words.


March 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Excellent piece and beautiful vocals that create a dreamy atmosphere.  Nice job! smile

March 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Very nice as usual, love the bouncing feeling of this, and another thought provoking Tolkien quote.

March 17, 2018 8:25 am

A very nice collage of sounds; creates a lovely mood.

March 17, 2018 1:37 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Excellent piece and beautiful vocals that create a dreamy atmosphere.  Nice job! smile

miraclemiles wrote:

Very nice as usual, love the bouncing feeling of this, and another thought provoking Tolkien quote.

Ryan wrote:

A very nice collage of sounds; creates a lovely mood.


March 17, 2018 3:35 pm

ah this mood is fantastic :~~

March 25, 2018 11:57 am

Really evocative and delicate atmosphere you build here! It's nice to hear you backed with some rhythms. Those bongos sound so nice!

April 15, 2018 12:04 pm

This should be in the next "life is strange" season... Very nice melancholy, yet upbeat.

April 15, 2018 3:43 pm
Claxon wrote:

This should be in the next "life is strange" season... Very nice melancholy, yet upbeat.

had to look up "life is strange" that sounds so neat!  thank you

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up