lost in the fog

By kaedo sevaada on February 17, 2018 3:18 am

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

February 19, 2018 12:29 am

I don't know if its the influence of the Tolkien quote but this sounds really epic and out of an otherworldly mythology or story. Very cinematic. Great vocal work.

February 19, 2018 1:22 am

Excellent!

February 19, 2018 4:47 am

Beautiful piece.

February 19, 2018 9:26 am

i love your approach to sound design and the way your voice meshes with each of your tracks is so great. loving the otherworldly vibe to this, reminds me of brian eno's apollo. great!

February 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Yes. Epic and pure. Beautiful.

February 19, 2018 7:45 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Jim Wood wrote:

Excellent!

Mission Crossing wrote:

Beautiful piece.

midimachine wrote:

Q-Rosh wrote:

Yes. Epic and pure. Beautiful.

the tolken quote came later after writing this - it seemed to fit - it's been so foggy here lately & it feels like another world especially out hiking  & watching the ice thaw off various bodies of water - it's been a beautiful close to winter!  i'm glad i was able to create a slice of the soundtrack though i feel this offering didn't quite encompass the epic beauty of the foggy landscape

& now i need to check out eno's apollo - thank you all for listening!

February 20, 2018 3:51 am

So beautiful... I love

February 20, 2018 9:28 am

The choir/pads with that solo voice floating above is so beatyfull!
I like your music and looking forward to each new track you post...every week time for a little rest smile

February 20, 2018 6:26 pm

just awesome. i can't add any thing that wasn't said above, so i'm just echo'ing their sentiments. great work

February 21, 2018 12:32 am
ahhsumx wrote:

theGuen wrote:

The choir/pads with that solo voice floating above is so beatyfull!

Podling wrote:

So beautiful... I love

Well you all just made my day!  Thank you for listening!

February 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Beautiful and foggy tune. Very, very nice!

February 22, 2018 9:01 pm
cfurrow wrote:

Beautiful and foggy tune. Very, very nice!

February 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Oh yeah.  This is really good.  I'm right there in the middle of the fog.  The vocals are just perfect.

February 25, 2018 4:37 pm

MMMMmmm really lovely track! I love the juxtaposition of Tolkien and these synthy choral sounds. Puts me in a somehow familiar and pleasant headspace. heart

February 25, 2018 5:37 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Simon Koehn wrote:

MMMMmmm really lovely track! I love the juxtaposition of Tolkien and these synthy choral sounds. Puts me in a somehow familiar and pleasant headspace. <3

as an artist i strive to create an astral projection experience - words so often fail me - thank you for listening!

February 26, 2018 2:01 am

Gorgeous piece with the incantation vocal and Eno-like reverb!  (Some interesting tips on how that Eno/Lanois reverb was done are on Sean Costello's blog, of course!)

February 26, 2018 9:00 am

Perfect start to a Monday morning.

February 27, 2018 11:23 pm

Took me on nice journey, calming. Thanks for another transforming soundscape! Agree, the Tolkien quote and your image helped send me off, lovely how it all works together to transport.

March 1, 2018 3:46 am
onezero wrote:

what a compliment - thank you!

Geek Gordon wrote:

Perfect start to a Monday morning.

here's to a non manic monday/week!

miraclemiles wrote:

smile  thank you for listening!

March 25, 2018 12:07 pm

I think this is my favourite tune of yours. It is indeed very "Apollo"-ish. Are all those your vocals layered, or are you using some synth voices? Sounds sooo relaxing

March 25, 2018 12:18 pm
laguna wrote:

thank you! - there was a stock chorus texture loop that i used & actually made 3 tracks of with varied effects & panning & then there are layers of 5 of my own vocal tracks some singing around the synth chorus & then some diverging - i wish i had a real choir to record & sing with sometimes!

March 25, 2018 12:26 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:
laguna wrote:

Oh, I wish you had it too. I'm sure you and your great imagination would get wonderful things done. Anyway, as you are, you're releasing some very fantastic and very distinctive pieces smile

March 25, 2018 3:46 pm
laguna wrote:
kaedo sevaada wrote:
laguna wrote:

April 1, 2018 12:06 pm

Excellent Artwork. I like your Music!

April 1, 2018 12:58 pm
m2K7 wrote:

Excellent Artwork. I like your Music!

thank you! smile