WeeklyBeats.com / Music / kaedo sevaada's music / "hold on tight the night has come"

"hold on tight the night has come"

By kaedo sevaada on July 21, 2018 7:39 pm

we are resilient

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

July 23, 2018 12:50 am

Sounds like rain cascading down in the background. Big waves of reverb... great effect on creating layers of sound within the vocals.

July 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Still amazed at your mastery of GarageBand (and composition in general).

July 23, 2018 4:27 pm
NWSPR wrote:

I think the window was open & it was raining when I was recording - I was so happy to hear the rain & thought it would add nice presence... Thank you for listening & commenting!

Jim Wood wrote:

Still amazed at your mastery of GarageBand (and composition in general).

That's so nice of you to say!  Thank you! - I've been struggling with mixes though - this one came out pretty easy - last week was a nightmare & everything got buried.  I'm having a hard time figuring out why certain things are happening - operator error, limits of the tools etc. I still feel so new to understanding even the basics of mixing & mastering.  Looking back at 2016 I can see that I've come along way so that's progress.  I'm still using the old version of garage band from 2012 because I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all these songs - people who upgrade loose fx & stuff from their mixes so I'm kinda in suspended animation with this version of garage band & os till I figure out what to do smile

July 24, 2018 12:12 am

Great usage of reverb and awesome vocal work.

July 24, 2018 9:58 am

Like the overall mood, and your use of reverb on the vocals, plus background rain-y sounds a lot!

July 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Lovely reverb heart The vocals are a pleasure to listen to. I love how your style fits the balck and white pictures, it's such a cool style smile

July 24, 2018 7:50 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Great usage of reverb and awesome vocal work.

LydiaPrimate wrote:

hieme wrote:

Lovely reverb <3 The vocals are a pleasure to listen to. I love how your style fits the balck and white pictures, it's such a cool style smile

Thank you all for the nice words.

July 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Love the feel and atmosphere of this track.  Like I'm floating over rainy landscape smile  Your vocal harmonies are always so cool too.  It has this cool mystical and magical feeling, like I'm in a lord of the rings story or Lothlorien tongue  Well done!

July 25, 2018 6:12 pm

You had rain last week? Lucky you.

July 27, 2018 4:21 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

ha - been listening to the audio version of "the hobbit" - i guess it's coming out in my musak smile thank you

Devieus wrote:

You had rain last week? Lucky you.

oh & it's so cool today & overcast - i'm loving it!  hope you get some rain soon!