Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

a new vibration

By kaedo sevaada on January 7, 2018 6:33 am

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
January 8, 2018 1:32 am

Dreamy, awesome. I like how some notes diverge from the main key.

January 8, 2018 1:55 am

The off-key pitches are done tastefully. Nice work!

January 8, 2018 2:29 am

love your lofi aesthetix

January 8, 2018 10:31 am

this is just great music!

January 8, 2018 3:08 pm
Coauctor wrote:

Dreamy, awesome. I like how some notes diverge from the main key.

Brackleforth wrote:

The off-key pitches are done tastefully. Nice work!

you are very kind - thank you

(i am learning how to play guitar & i tried to tune a guitar that's in need of new strings & something was going wonky with the sound but i kinda liked it so i tried to just work with the sound i was making)

January 8, 2018 3:10 pm
underground Luau wrote:

love your lofi aesthetix

Bleeoop wrote:

this is just great music!

what a lovely way to start the day!  thank you for your kind words

January 8, 2018 3:49 pm

this is great, it's easy listening but then off notes keep your attention.  nice work.

January 8, 2018 6:03 pm

v cool, i like the mix of pretty/calming and weird/spooky

January 8, 2018 6:58 pm

Lovely reverb and delay on guitar and vocals--I love the feeling of exploration going on here.  The guitar sounds compellingly oud-like!  And I'm looking forward to hearing more!

January 8, 2018 7:03 pm

Great atmospherics.

January 8, 2018 7:36 pm
zork wrote:

v cool, i like the mix of pretty/calming and weird/spooky

Jim Wood wrote:

Great atmospherics.

thank you!  so glad to be back in this cyber space!

January 8, 2018 7:50 pm
onezero wrote:

Lovely reverb and delay on guitar and vocals--I love the feeling of exploration going on here.  The guitar sounds compellingly oud-like!  And I'm looking forward to hearing more!

thanks for listening onezero & for leading me here like the pied piper you are - i think the oud-like thing is what i love about josh's acoustic - i'm worried if he does change the strings the sound will change - but it will be easier on my fingers!


January 9, 2018 7:21 pm

I've always been a fan of your vocal trickery.

January 10, 2018 1:39 am
Devieus wrote:

I've always been a fan of your vocal trickery.

that's so kind - thank you - glad to see you back!

January 10, 2018 7:09 am
kaedo sevaada wrote:
Devieus wrote:

I've always been a fan of your vocal trickery.

that's so kind - thank you - glad to see you back!


You're welcome, and you too.

January 10, 2018 11:19 pm

gorgeous!

January 11, 2018 2:23 am

This is...magical.

January 11, 2018 2:33 am
orangedrink wrote:

gorgeous!

Sodabelly wrote:

This is...magical.

thanks fellow wb'ers it's nice to see you back!

January 11, 2018 12:59 pm

beautiful floating through the lofi-space. This is a good vibration.

January 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Soothes the mind, thank you big_smile

January 11, 2018 10:49 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

beautiful floating through the lofi-space. This is a good vibration.

Gab Manette wrote:

Soothes the mind, thank you big_smile

You're welcome & Thank You!  I think my soul was trying to sooth my mind & create a good vibration for the new year!  Here we go!  1 down - 51 weeks to go!

January 13, 2018 1:41 am

Nicely done, especially how the background fills in the spaces. At the start the guitar sounded, to me, like a koto.

January 13, 2018 4:12 am
disquiet wrote:

Nicely done, especially how the background fills in the spaces. At the start the guitar sounded, to me, like a koto.

just went down a youtube rabbit hole of koto songs - wow what a cool instrument!

thank you for listening

January 13, 2018 10:02 pm

That's great art!
You get my last ...

January 13, 2018 10:36 pm
m2K7 wrote:

That's great art!
You get my last ...

thank you!

i've missed your photo's m2K7

January 14, 2018 7:45 am

You pulled off that loose tuning really well. I really like the vocals too. On paper that synth seems like it shouldn't work with the rest of the track but it adds a kind of overcast shine to it that lifts the other elements nicely.

I almost feel like you could have snuck a muffled kick drum into the mix but it might not have played nice with the loose timing or gone in the direction you wanted. Maybe that is just my inner Seefeel fan speaking smile

The change at the end ties it all up nicely too. Overall, this is one of my favorites from last week for sure.

January 14, 2018 6:54 pm
license wrote:

You pulled off that loose tuning really well. I really like the vocals too. On paper that synth seems like it shouldn't work with the rest of the track but it adds a kind of overcast shine to it that lifts the other elements nicely.

I almost feel like you could have snuck a muffled kick drum into the mix but it might not have played nice with the loose timing or gone in the direction you wanted. Maybe that is just my inner Seefeel fan speaking smile

The change at the end ties it all up nicely too. Overall, this is one of my favorites from last week for sure.

thank you so much - that's really kind!  & i appreciate the feedback

i often hear drum bits in my head but programming/playing drums is a big challenge for me!

January 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Your guitar tone works really nicely in here

January 14, 2018 8:28 pm
Gnarlysunshine wrote:

Your guitar tone works really nicely in here

thank you smile

January 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Very Atmospheric, love the guitar chords and the long attack on the string is nice! Female voice sample is cool too.

January 14, 2018 11:04 pm

this sounds amazing great work i love this so much!

January 16, 2018 6:22 pm

That guitar works remarkably well. I like how the noise and a relaxed feeling makes this a very organic experience.

January 16, 2018 6:29 pm
drexegar wrote:

Very Atmospheric, love the guitar chords and the long attack on the string is nice! Female voice sample is cool too.

Thank you - That's my voice - 4 vocals tracks - 2 I put weird effects on.

SKEL wrote:

this sounds amazing great work i love this so much!


NinjaBaka wrote:

That guitar works remarkably well. I like how the noise and a relaxed feeling makes this a very organic experience.

THANK YOU!

January 16, 2018 8:57 pm
drexegar wrote:

Very Atmospheric, love the guitar chords and the long attack on the string is nice! Female voice sample is cool too.

this is my voice - thank you!  i did 4 vocals tracks on week 2 i got cornfused smile

January 18, 2018 10:28 pm

Great atmos to the piece.

January 19, 2018 2:36 am
rdomain wrote:

Great atmos to the piece.

thank you - glad you like it smile

January 19, 2018 7:47 pm

lovely, love the vocal and lush ambiance.

January 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Great approch! Crazy 80ies mood.

January 21, 2018 6:38 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

lovely, love the vocal and lush ambiance.

casiocasino wrote:

Great approch! Crazy 80ies mood.

Thank you for listening!

January 24, 2018 5:30 am

Sweet! I really like your singing. Excellent vibrations throughout. Maybe a hint of Broadcast?

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up