WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jokinen's music / Rehearsal for the Dead

Rehearsal for the Dead

By Jokinen on June 7, 2020 11:34 pm

Wrote this earlier this week and just haven't had any ideas on how to expand upon it. Wanted a full band and went back and forth on the style to go with and acoustic won out. Recorded this at 6:30pm today so don't hate if it isn't the best. I was going to upload my voice memo from my phone but figured i'd try my mic out in a room setting. Saddle up and thanks for  listening! PS - don't hate me, I didn't use a metronome

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

June 8, 2020 12:40 am

this is a good song dude! what a change up stylistically. I'd love to hear a full band version

June 8, 2020 1:29 am

great job dude, catchy as hell chorus...loving the sound of it live.  good stuff bruh

June 8, 2020 2:49 am

Dude, awesome song.  You're voice sounds great on this and the lyrics are super cryptic, just the way I like them.  Sounds great acoustic but I could totally see full band coming in (maybe at like 1:30?). Also, what was the "fuck!" for at the end?

June 8, 2020 12:52 pm
mikememo wrote:

Thanks man! It might have to originate with some buds for inspiration haha.

demonzor wrote:

Thanks man! I was pretty happy with it

Chrisfoo wrote:

Haha, I thought I had messed up the lyrics at the end. Hopefully when we all jam together we can work it in!

June 8, 2020 1:22 pm

Very cool song as it is. A little noise on the recording, but overall very fun to listen to. Good job.

June 8, 2020 1:38 pm
djippy wrote:

Thanks man. I'm not sure if it's my mic or cable, but I always have a problem with a slight hum in the background. I need to splurge for a new mic and cable for sure. Glad you enjoyed the song, though!

June 8, 2020 7:47 pm

I like the acoustic sound.  Nice vocals, too.  I think the background noise adds a kind of a raw lo-fi feel to it, which isn't a bad thing.  But yeah, it's probably a cable.  I was having issues a couple years ago with having constant background hum in all my direct-line tracks and getting some balanced cables seemed to resolve it.

June 8, 2020 9:44 pm

This felt raw in the best way possible. Especially the "fuck" at the end. Good stuff!

June 8, 2020 11:27 pm

Wow man this song is really sweet. I love the structure, lyrics and vocals. This is my favorite of yours so far I think! Nice!

June 9, 2020 9:12 pm

No metronome? No problem. Great sound too.

June 10, 2020 5:37 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

I can get down on the lo-fi feel. Good to get feedback like that about the cable. Little less expensive than a new mic.

danju wrote:

Haha thank you. I had thought I messed up the lyrics doing it live and figured I'd keep it since it was the umpteenth try.

ngineer wrote:

Thanks dude! Glad you liked it. It was fun to write lyrically and finding the melody seemed to come pretty easy (surprisingly).

Devieus wrote:

No metronome? No problem. Great sound too.

Thanks man!

June 12, 2020 9:12 am

The fact that it is live and raw makes it all the better. Good job on the vocals! The *Fuck* at the end is just very nice. I feel for you there. smile

June 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Beautiful in its simplicity.  I wish I could hammer one out on just an acoustic smile Strong Mountain Goat vibe with the cutting vocal and lyrics.  Faved... more like this!!

June 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Well done Jim. I like the projection of your voice on this one. I feel like your vocals are typically a bit more reserved. This one really has you belting in a way. It sounds great!