Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jokinen's music / Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand

By Jokinen on February 9, 2020 10:01 pm

Big bowl of meh on this one. Had the idea for the drums but the guitar wasn't following suit.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
February 10, 2020 12:24 am

Mmm cool intro.  I really like the shaker in the beginning.  I think the drums and guitar are blending well together.  Lol yesterday you tried to show me the drum beat by tapping on yourself...now I get it.

Still something to be proud of dude.  Production sounds good.  Mixed very well IMO.

February 10, 2020 12:28 am

It meshes together well bro good work this week

February 10, 2020 12:39 am

Piano outro adds a very nice touch.  I Agree with CoreyT and Joel, and if your serving this bowl of Meh I’d gladly eat a bowl bc this is a nice tune

February 10, 2020 12:48 am

The guitar might be doing it's own thing, I dig it anyway. Some beautiful chords and melodies, and I especially enjoyed that piano at the end heart

February 10, 2020 1:01 am
coreytrev0r wrote:

Mmm cool intro.  I really like the shaker in the beginning.  I think the drums and guitar are blending well together.  Lol yesterday you tried to show me the drum beat by tapping on yourself...now I get it.

Still something to be proud of dude.  Production sounds good.  Mixed very well IMO.


I remember thinking "he isn't getting this" haha. Thanks though my man!

Joelfern808 wrote:

It meshes together well bro good work this week


Thanks homie!

February 10, 2020 1:02 am
demonzor wrote:

Piano outro adds a very nice touch.  I Agree with CoreyT and Joel, and if your serving this bowl of Meh I’d gladly eat a bowl bc this is a nice tune


I'll give you big ol' bowl wink

February 10, 2020 1:03 am
hieme wrote:

The guitar might be doing it's own thing, I dig it anyway. Some beautiful chords and melodies, and I especially enjoyed that piano at the end <3


Ya, it was a melting pot of ideas for sure, and thank you! The piano is nothing compared to your work!

February 10, 2020 2:04 am
demonzor wrote:

Piano outro adds a very nice touch.  I Agree with CoreyT and Joel, and if your serving this bowl of Meh I’d gladly eat a bowl bc this is a nice tune

Hell yeah, let me get a bowl too.  The super quick percussion is perfect, I'm going to need to have to gank that approach from you some time to experiment with.

February 10, 2020 2:14 am
Chrisfoo wrote:
demonzor wrote:

Piano outro adds a very nice touch.  I Agree with CoreyT and Joel, and if your serving this bowl of Meh I’d gladly eat a bowl bc this is a nice tune

Hell yeah, let me get a bowl too.  The super quick percussion is perfect, I'm going to need to have to gank that approach from you some time to experiment with.


I think the thing I take away most from WB is the drumming. I absolutely love guitar but drums to me are my absolute passion.

February 10, 2020 3:24 am

Theres something I love about fast drums on a slower track. Its a contrast that has always caught my ear. Drums that arent stealing the show, but let you know theyre there. Really good tune this week Jim.

February 10, 2020 6:28 pm

February 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Those are pretty sick drums heart Don't be too hard on yourself!

February 12, 2020 12:34 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Those are pretty sick drums <3 Don't be too hard on yourself!

Agree ^^

Tight groove for sure.

February 12, 2020 6:44 pm

Big guitar sounds and drum fills.  Mellow and epic sound at the same time! Nice piano melody at the end.

February 12, 2020 8:09 pm
Saucey-dough wrote:

Theres something I love about fast drums on a slower track. Its a contrast that has always caught my ear. Drums that arent stealing the show, but let you know theyre there. Really good tune this week Jim.


Thanks man, I agree. I love slower guitar riffs with quick drums and tons of ghost notes.
Thanks dudes!

Gab Manette wrote:

Those are pretty sick drums <3 Don't be too hard on yourself!

Ryan wrote:
Gab Manette wrote:

Those are pretty sick drums <3 Don't be too hard on yourself!

Agree ^^

Tight groove for sure.

NWSPR wrote:

Big guitar sounds and drum fills.  Mellow and epic sound at the same time! Nice piano melody at the end.


Thanks for listening!

February 13, 2020 8:14 pm
coreytrev0r wrote:

yesterday you tried to show me the drum beat by tapping on yourself...now I get it.

hahaha

mix is real nice, contrary to what you think, the guitar seems to have followed suit.

February 14, 2020 4:45 pm

I'll have some of that meh, this is great.

February 16, 2020 8:37 pm

Lovely relaxing vibe. Not much else to say, I really enjoyed this. What drums are those? They sound really familiar, but I'm not sure why big_smile

February 16, 2020 11:39 pm
Shorebound wrote:

Lovely relaxing vibe. Not much else to say, I really enjoyed this. What drums are those? They sound really familiar, but I'm not sure why big_smile


Thank you! This was EZdrummer 'Drums From Hell' kit. I love it.

February 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Nice drum work! Really like the bit at the end with the piano.

February 25, 2020 4:30 am

The drums really stand out but everything is great. This has a really special hard to capture vibe like a worn photograph or film grain. For some reason it has a 90s rock vibe to me and I love those guitar tones. Just loaded with atmosphere.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up