WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Expensive Uninsured Camera Equipment in Trunk

Expensive Uninsured Camera Equipment in Trunk

By Jim Wood on October 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Title from a bumper sticker I saw in L.A. years ago.  Extensive use of Sufi M4L plug-ins Khomasi and Palmas (hand claps). Vocal: AlterEgo Bones. Arabic maqam scale.

October 22, 2018 12:20 am

Whoa.. jaw drop. Listening through my studio monitors and sounds amazing. Chaotic but the underlying composition is crazy good. Saved and faved!

October 22, 2018 1:19 am

These drums are 10/10.  Great song, AND it hard smile

October 22, 2018 2:34 am

The vocal work is spot on as usual, and wow, those drums!

October 22, 2018 1:52 pm

As all above, love the drums! These claps heart heart heart Big atmosphere, you nailed it big_smile

October 22, 2018 10:33 pm
NWSPR wrote:

demonzor wrote:

These drums are 10/10.  Great song, AND it hard smile

LydiaPrimate wrote:

The vocal work is spot on as usual, and wow, those drums!

Gab Manette wrote:

As all above, love the drums! These claps <3 <3 <3 Big atmosphere, you nailed it big_smile

Thanks all! I might need a better set of monitors. ::)

October 23, 2018 7:49 pm

The arabic scale is super effective here.  Great track!  Love the time stretched out drums.  So clever.

That track title is stressing me out!  smile

October 23, 2018 8:08 pm
orangedrink wrote:

That track title is stressing me out!  smile

Yeh, I wondered why anyone would put that sticker on their car. ::)

October 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Loving the huge sound on this one.  I think it could soundtrack a giant robot fight.

October 24, 2018 2:06 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Or the theft of a bunch of camera equipment...

October 24, 2018 9:06 am

this goes perfectly with the title. amazing rhythms

October 24, 2018 10:55 am

Texturally delicious. I especially like the density of the drums

October 25, 2018 1:36 am

whoa - this made me dizzy - serious panning my ears to maddness! nice job!

October 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Huge stereo crunchy drums! Yais i like! I don't think i've knowingly heard this scale before either.  Nice work!

October 27, 2018 8:14 am

A really weird one! Has really some asian/eastern vibe... I also like the percussion very much. The voice elements blend very well to the whole soundworld

October 27, 2018 3:18 pm
Bleeoop wrote:

this goes perfectly with the title. amazing rhythms

Avarine wrote:

Texturally delicious. I especially like the density of the drums

kaedo sevaada wrote:

whoa - this made me dizzy - serious panning my ears to maddness! nice job!

Thank you!

October 27, 2018 3:18 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Scale came baked into the plug-in. ::)

October 27, 2018 3:20 pm
Ashen Simian wrote:

Yeah, the middle-eastern quality was inherent to the plug-ins. And who couldn't love the Bones vox.

October 29, 2018 2:39 pm

big sound, I love the vocals despite how much they creep me out

October 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Sounds like something's in the trunk for sure, something big! Yeah good drums, great bones vox (still gotta try those). You got some good sounds from those plugins, have not heard of Sufi, going to check it out!

November 1, 2018 12:38 am
miraclemiles wrote:

Price is right (both free).