Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jason Nijjer's music / welcome to the polar vortex

welcome to the polar vortex

By Jason Nijjer on December 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Hopefully will get some relief from this deep freeze soon, warmest temperature all week was around -25 degrees celsius.  Just noticed how long this track is, probably could have been shorter, attempted some scratching again this week (it is fun, but I really don't know what I'm doing).  All reason this week with some butchering of welcome to the terrordome 12".

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

December 12, 2016 10:42 am

rrrr-taktak-tak-tak that snare is sooo cool and I love it that you kept it more in the background.
Overall I dig your percussion work.
And nice choice of vocal samples
For not knowing what you doing the scratches are more than good wink

Have a nice week!

December 13, 2016 6:22 pm

scratching is so sick.  i need to pull out my turntable and screw around.

agreed with Guen, that secret snare is great.  I like how the subwoofer bass and ghost clave run the beat here.  detuney synths are totally hot.  kind of Boards of Canada-y with smooth butter keys and hot beats.  great stuff.

December 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Killer beat! Agree with the comments. Love all the layers and sounds going in here. My tracks always end up being really long, lately I've been cutting them down to 3 minutes, always interesting process.

December 17, 2016 10:54 pm

The background vocals add great texture. Not too long at all. ::)

December 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Suhweet beat and I'm digging the scratching.  Detuney synths always appreciated smile  Nice job!