Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jamatar's music / I'm gonna just shoot my fucking car into space now

I'm gonna just shoot my fucking car into space now

By Jamatar on February 11, 2018 12:53 pm

So a bit of a departure here! I've been working on getting my live set and visuals together all week, so I'm a bit chipped / EDMed out. Decided I wanted to write something as organic as possible with the stuff on my desk. So here's some JV with 808 and Yamaha BB bass. Little bit of piano in there too big_smile

Enjoy this chill soundscape as you launch your things into space.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

February 12, 2018 12:10 am

Really got that spacey feel, especially loving that title wink

February 12, 2018 1:55 am

Nice chord progression. beautiful how the piano and bass play around the progression.  Now go launch all your synths into space like you Elon Musk!

February 12, 2018 2:24 am

this is really lovely!

February 12, 2018 3:14 am

this is so beautiful!

February 12, 2018 3:37 am

ROTFL at the track title

I expected the song to be jokey, but the chord progression is breathtakingly gorgeous.  Music theory people, can someone tell me what key or mode or whatever is making this track so awesome?  How did you make the main chippy chord sounds?  Amazing work!

February 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Yeah, great feel and vibe to this one! (I came here for the title, stayed for the music)

February 13, 2018 11:42 am

Beautiful! Nice chord progression indeed. I like how overall unstable and wobbly it is

February 13, 2018 11:53 pm
orangedrink wrote:

ROTFL at the track title

I don't think the key has a whole lot to do with it (it's in C sharp major), it's mostly the chord progression and how they're played.

February 14, 2018 3:04 am
Mortistar wrote:

Really got that spacey feel, especially loving that title wink

Aw thanks smile Yeah I think I might have done this Sunday night and uploaded Mon morning about 1 am... was all I could think about smile

NWSPR wrote:

Thank you! I'm glad I got some bass in this week! Trying to go full Radiohead on the chords smile

Tri Angles wrote:

this is really lovely!

Cheers!!!

theythem wrote:

this is so beautiful!

Thanks so much big_smile

orangedrink wrote:

ROTFL at the track title

Thanks heaps! The main brassy sound is a patch from the JV2080, it's a really brassy square wave sound that I got under control with a compressor. I'm a big fan of Radioheady chords, I like doing the semi-tone dropped bass notes thingo, I think it was something like a Bb minor with a A bass note or something. Haha my theory isn't great, I just mash notes until I hear something good big_smile

RawTicks wrote:

Thanks heaps!!

purelygrey wrote:

I really enjoyed tracking this one live! This is prob the first time every single element in the song is fully live and I just hit record, no not much midi for me to quantitise haha smile