Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ipaghost's music / UncouthSleuth

UncouthSleuth

By Ipaghost on February 9, 2020 11:55 pm

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 10, 2020 12:14 am

February 10, 2020 12:20 am
7506 wrote:


February 10, 2020 12:22 am

*slams gavel*
Judge: "Court is now in session for the WeeklyBeats Week 6 submission of Ipaghost."
Phoenix Wright: "The defense is ready to hit the dance floor, your honor."

February 10, 2020 12:32 am
Reilly Farrell wrote:

*slams gavel*
Judge: "Court is now in session for the WeeklyBeats Week 6 submission of Ipaghost."
Phoenix Wright: "The defense is ready to hit the dance floor, your honor."



Lol, that series is sooo good, I'm tempted to get it for the switch

February 10, 2020 1:31 am

This is a sick groove. Short but super sweet. Also, I just started up Phoenix Wright this week for the first time tongue.

February 10, 2020 1:42 am

Mix is punchy like you wouldn't believe. Such nice percussion. Another banger, I can see how you fell into the groove of this one heart

February 10, 2020 2:06 am

Hell yeah, love that bass line.

February 10, 2020 3:05 am

excellent super explosive dynamics. not sure how ya do it, but keep doin it!

February 10, 2020 6:39 am
ViridianLoom wrote:

This is a sick groove. Short but super sweet. Also, I just started up Phoenix Wright this week for the first time tongue.


I didn't get the melody started until the very end, so I decided better short and sweet than long and repetitive. Although I think it would work very nicely for some detective game bgm! Glad you started ace attorney! It's hard to believe it's been around since gbc, i've only played it on the ds. the puzzles aren't super challenging, but the appeal  for me is the great characters, fun writing and a solid localization. Oh and a very jazzy ost! Ghost Trick is also pretty good once your done with that!

hieme wrote:

Mix is punchy like you wouldn't believe. Such nice percussion. Another banger, I can see how you fell into the groove of this one <3


I had one of those days where I couldn't come up with anything, so just sampled stuff on my desk! The otomatone didn't make the cut though!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Hell yeah, love that bass line.


Yusss! I used to funk with the boobass, but it's monophonic and has some issues, so I made this bass patch on sytrus and i'm living for it!


zirafa wrote:

excellent super explosive dynamics. not sure how ya do it, but keep doin it!



crank that maximus all the way up!

February 10, 2020 3:01 pm

The funk lives on in this one!

February 10, 2020 5:45 pm

That bass is like rubber bands and a super ball had a baby because it's got so much bounce! Sweet melodies. Pads in the bridge really shine and give some nice contrast.

February 10, 2020 5:52 pm
onlyjokinen wrote:

The funk lives on in this one!


Dr. Claw will get it NEXT TIME!

February 10, 2020 6:01 pm
NWSPR wrote:

That bass is like rubber bands and a super ball had a baby because it's got so much bounce! Sweet melodies. Pads in the bridge really shine and give some nice contrast.


February 10, 2020 11:39 pm

Groovy as hell. very nice work!

February 10, 2020 11:49 pm
Joelfern808 wrote:

Groovy as hell. very nice work!


February 11, 2020 8:31 pm

February 12, 2020 1:03 am
Gab Manette wrote:


February 12, 2020 3:19 am

Woah man what a jam! That's such a clean mix too

February 12, 2020 3:32 am

That bass line... Very, very cool. And I agree, it is in your face, super punchy and loud. Well played!

February 12, 2020 4:41 pm
ViridianLoom wrote:

This is a sick groove. Short but super sweet. Also, I just started up Phoenix Wright this week for the first time tongue.


I second Ipaghost on everything he said - you're going to have a blast with Ace Attorney (and Ghost Trick if you decide to give that one a shot)!

February 12, 2020 6:49 pm
ngineer wrote:

Woah man what a jam! That's such a clean mix too


Some call me Mr. Clean Mix

djippy wrote:

That bass line... Very, very cool. And I agree, it is in your face, super punchy and loud. Well played!


So punchy!

Reilly Farrell wrote:
ViridianLoom wrote:

This is a sick groove. Short but super sweet. Also, I just started up Phoenix Wright this week for the first time tongue.


I second Ipaghost on everything he said - you're going to have a blast with Ace Attorney (and Ghost Trick if you decide to give that one a shot)!


Also, there is an Ace Attorney movie! But it's pretty much the closest movie adaptation of a game I've ever seen, so you should finish the game before watching it!

February 12, 2020 11:28 pm

the glass tink hi-hats are fantastik

great lil' beat muh d00d heart

February 12, 2020 11:48 pm
orangedrink wrote:

the glass tink hi-hats are fantastik

great lil' beat muh d00d <3



Would it make it better to know it was a bunny jar full of bunny whiskers?

February 12, 2020 11:53 pm
Ipaghost wrote:
orangedrink wrote:

the glass tink hi-hats are fantastik

great lil' beat muh d00d <3



Would it make it better to know it was a bunny jar full of bunny whiskers?

THAT IS SO NEXT LEVEL


(big if true)

February 13, 2020 12:33 am
orangedrink wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:
orangedrink wrote:

the glass tink hi-hats are fantastik

great lil' beat muh d00d <3



Would it make it better to know it was a bunny jar full of bunny whiskers?

THAT IS SO NEXT LEVEL


(big if true)


I only do next level... and next next level.

February 13, 2020 1:03 am

wow.

okay........um........why do you keep bunny whiskers in a jar?  I feel like the only answer is for some sort of witch potion to grant you incredible music production skills and ageless beauty

February 13, 2020 3:49 pm
orangedrink wrote:

wow.

okay........um........why do you keep bunny whiskers in a jar?  I feel like the only answer is for some sort of witch potion to grant you incredible music production skills and ageless beauty


Lol, because my bunnies gave me those!

But now that you mention it, I do feel magically powerful!

February 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Damn. This track is fun af.

February 13, 2020 8:30 pm
Ipaghost wrote:


Yusss! I used to funk with the boobass, but it's monophonic and has some issues, so I made this bass patch on sytrus and i'm living for it!


Ha, boobass! It's been a while (10 years)

Great track, as punchy and catchy as ever. And couth, very couth.

February 13, 2020 9:03 pm
ecso wrote:

Damn. This track is fun af.


mikememo wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:


Yusss! I used to funk with the boobass, but it's monophonic and has some issues, so I made this bass patch on sytrus and i'm living for it!


Ha, boobass! It's been a while (10 years)

Great track, as punchy and catchy as ever. And couth, very couth.


Wish the boo would get some love from imageline!

February 13, 2020 11:24 pm

feeling the funk ipaghost!

February 13, 2020 11:28 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

feeling the funk ipaghost!


February 15, 2020 11:50 pm

How uncouth. Scandalous. This needs further investigation.

February 16, 2020 1:52 pm

The first gif must have biased me, I keep thinking of smooth criminal and Michael Jackson dancing to this, great job and fun track.

February 16, 2020 8:19 pm

What a funky track! This is really cool, man. Really digging it.

February 17, 2020 11:56 am

OH YEAAAHHHHHHH

February 18, 2020 1:40 am
Devieus wrote:

How uncouth. Scandalous. This needs further investigation.


I'll... look into it...

Jason Nijjer wrote:

The first gif must have biased me, I keep thinking of smooth criminal and Michael Jackson dancing to this, great job and fun track.

7506 wrote:


7506 wins the gif award of the year!

Shorebound wrote:

What a funky track! This is really cool, man. Really digging it.


Mortistar wrote:

OH YEAAAHHHHHHH


February 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Love the sound of that bassline.  Sweet beats with the main chorus too.  Yais i like!

February 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Love the sound of that bassline.  Sweet beats with the main chorus too.  Yais i like!



You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up