Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ipaghost's music / FrontierCalliope

FrontierCalliope

By Ipaghost on September 2, 2018 4:08 pm

Too busy to work on a new song today, so here's a track that didn't get used for a game!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
September 3, 2018 12:17 am

Oooh, liking how bouncy and stabby this tune is, definitely deserves to be in a game!

September 3, 2018 12:21 am

Solid guitar heart The bouncy groove is absolutely nailed in this my dude, really good job.

September 3, 2018 12:28 am
Mortistar wrote:

Oooh, liking how bouncy and stabby this tune is, definitely deserves to be in a game!



Thanks! The game ended up going a totally different direction, but if another one needs something like this, it's always ready to go!

September 3, 2018 12:32 am
hieme wrote:

Solid guitar <3 The bouncy groove is absolutely nailed in this my dude, really good job.



Thanks!

September 3, 2018 1:25 am

very enjoyable

September 3, 2018 1:53 am
franky wrote:

very enjoyable


Thanks!

September 3, 2018 5:49 am

Is that a harpsichord? It's very lovely. But so is the guitar, recorder, pan flute, jew harp, kazoo, and ukulele. It's like the child friendly music kit.

September 3, 2018 7:10 am
Devieus wrote:

Is that a harpsichord? It's very lovely. But so is the guitar, recorder, pan flute, jew harp, kazoo, and ukulele. It's like the child friendly music kit.


I think you are referring to the tack piano in the song?

Lol, yes, very child friendly, and kind of influenced by old Disney movies! (Especially the bass harmonica!)

September 3, 2018 4:04 pm

Certainly brightened up my day.

September 3, 2018 5:01 pm

I suppose so, it does sound like a very restrained harpsichord.

September 4, 2018 12:50 am

nailing that disney influence. tongue

September 4, 2018 5:55 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Certainly brightened up my day.


September 4, 2018 6:09 pm
Devieus wrote:

I suppose so, it does sound like a very restrained harpsichord.


It does! In fact I'm sure the tack piano came about as a cheap alternative to a harpsichord. But I think it's honky-tonk sound is different and casual enough that it became popular in it's own right in ragtime music, and later used in studios like Abbey Road!

September 4, 2018 6:52 pm
Tri Angles wrote:

nailing that disney influence. tongue


September 5, 2018 4:08 am

GREAT SHOW LAST SATURDAY!

Love the tack piano and guitar on this!

September 5, 2018 4:03 pm
orangedrink wrote:

GREAT SHOW LAST SATURDAY!

Love the tack piano and guitar on this!


Yeah! it was fun!

September 9, 2018 11:45 pm

Love the spirt of this. Great selection of instruments from the jaw harp to honky tonk piano! So fun smile

September 10, 2018 12:17 am
NWSPR wrote:

Love the spirt of this. Great selection of instruments from the jaw harp to honky tonk piano! So fun smile


Thanks!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up