Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / hypnogram's music / Ruined Sanctum of the Storm Queen

Ruined Sanctum of the Storm Queen

By hypnogram on January 24, 2018 10:45 am

Back on my LSDj shit again. Somehow I wrote something under 120 bpm without eventually working myself into double time. So I'll take that as a success. I tried some ideas musically I hadn't really explored much, which was super fun. I also limited my percussion entirely to the noise channel, which I had never really done either. I was actually trying to avoid percussion entirely, but I couldn't help myself. Some day, I guess.

Doing all the finishing beyond actually tracking the song myself continues to be interesting due to my inexperience with it, but it's been fun experimenting. I try to keep it to a minimum usually, but I did do a little creative EQing in a few places here, but it's nothing more extreme than what I would do in a live situation anyway. I'm rambling.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
January 29, 2018 12:31 am

Limiting your self to noise channel perc definitely gives it a Neil Baldwin / Follin flair. I really dig it!

January 29, 2018 4:16 am

DUDE this is slammin'. the noise kit gives it such an OST feel. like "WHAT GAME IS THIS FROM?" this song gave me chills. very feelsy and well scripted.

January 29, 2018 5:39 am

Yeah i really enjoy the percussion. Its fun to limit yourself in same way sometimes. Really like the end result.

January 30, 2018 3:35 pm

YES! Evocative track! That major/minor switching in the beginning works great, and the dynamics are impressive af. Later rhythms as well.
You should do more lower bpm stuff, this is great! Could have been on Ubiktune's Equilibrium (though that's NES), and I don't say that lightly smile

January 31, 2018 1:36 pm
Diagamblic wrote:

Limiting your self to noise channel perc definitely gives it a Neil Baldwin / Follin flair. I really dig it!

Thank you! I'm definitely a big fan of both, so that's awesome big_smile

strolts wrote:

DUDE this is slammin'. the noise kit gives it such an OST feel. like "WHAT GAME IS THIS FROM?" this song gave me chills. very feelsy and well scripted.

Thank you! It was fun to use the platform to make something actually vgm sounding for a change.

spOOked wrote:

Yeah i really enjoy the percussion. Its fun to limit yourself in same way sometimes. Really like the end result.

Glad you enjoyed it smile The idea of further imposing limits on such an already limited instrument is kinda funny now that I think about it.

antler wrote:

YES! Evocative track! That major/minor switching in the beginning works great, and the dynamics are impressive af. Later rhythms as well.
You should do more lower bpm stuff, this is great! Could have been on Ubiktune's Equilibrium (though that's NES), and I don't say that lightly smile

Oh wow, thank you so much big_smile That means a lot!

February 2, 2018 5:31 pm

I find the lower bpm to be liberating as you have a lot of space to dump creative concrete in. Sixteenths tend to disappear in the higher speeds.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up