Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Terella

By hieme on February 2, 2020 11:55 pm

First serious journey into the mysterious world of 180+ bpm

Didn't spend enough time on writing or sound design this week, I want to replace some of the main melodies and write some completely new sections on this. Oh well. Hope you all have a good week!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 3, 2020 12:17 am

You nailed it.

February 3, 2020 12:50 am

Really uplifting and airy! Going to have this as my soundtrack for getting through tough workdays in the next week smile

February 3, 2020 1:02 am

Really solid stuff as usual ^^

I always love the fast, upbeat stuff wink

February 3, 2020 1:05 am

Beautiful melody as always!  The brisk pace really lends it some upbeat spunk. big_smile

February 3, 2020 1:05 am

(The bridge part in the middle makes for great contrast too!)

February 3, 2020 1:58 am
Devieus wrote:

You nailed it.

Thanks man heart Cheers for listening smile

Mission Crossing wrote:

Really uplifting and airy! Going to have this as my soundtrack for getting through tough workdays in the next week smile

Oh wow! I hope it helps! Thanks a lot for listening and for commenting heart

JerwuQu wrote:

Really solid stuff as usual ^^
I always love the fast, upbeat stuff wink

haha I'll try and make a few more, maybe some hardcore soon !!?

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Beautiful melody as always!  The brisk pace really lends it some upbeat spunk. big_smile
(The bridge part in the middle makes for great contrast too!)

Thanks! I like the bridge section the best!

February 3, 2020 6:22 am

great stuff! was expecting a chill orchestral vibe from that intro line but then the break hit big_smile nice one!

February 3, 2020 3:55 pm

Your mixing is honestly goals! Beautiful melodies and that kick punches through everything so well!

February 4, 2020 1:32 am
lysdexic wrote:

great stuff! was expecting a chill orchestral vibe from that intro line but then the break hit big_smile nice one!

Thanks! It was pretty tough trying to balance everything, I think I went too hard with those drums. Thanks for listening heart

Mortistar wrote:

Your mixing is honestly goals! Beautiful melodies and that kick punches through everything so well!

That means a lot coming from you heart Appreciate you dropping in!

February 4, 2020 3:07 am

Wow when the beat drops. Beautiful work. This is a really sweet tune! The chord progression is huge as well, I love what happens in the middle.

February 4, 2020 6:11 pm

Aaah, I got chills when the choir-like buildup came in! The punchy snare/eletrotom in the more rhythmic parts has that classic sound to it that just blends so well. Overall I must applaud your choices of instruments and drums, everything really ties together perfectly for a memorable journey!

February 4, 2020 8:45 pm

Really gorgeous melodies as usual. I personally, as a senior citizen wink, enjoy slower tempos when it comes to d'n'b beats, but that piano melody was so beautiful that I didn't mind in the slightest.

February 4, 2020 10:46 pm

such nice movement! 

February 4, 2020 11:39 pm

Boom, lovely stuff. Uplifting.

February 5, 2020 7:19 am

Really liked the movement between the high energy and relaxed sections, they compliment each other beautifully.

February 5, 2020 2:14 pm

When the piano picks up after the middle section though! Killin' it as usual, well done.

February 5, 2020 9:24 pm

February 7, 2020 2:19 am

You bring so much musicality to this genre.

February 7, 2020 2:53 am

Like the field recording sounds at the start, always find it challenging on how to start tracks, despite the frenetic pace still a very chilled out track.

February 7, 2020 10:58 pm
ngineer wrote:

Wow when the beat drops. Beautiful work. This is a really sweet tune! The chord progression is huge as well, I love what happens in the middle.

Thanks so much! I was really lucky to hit on that chord progression, it was such a fun moment.

Gab Manette wrote:

Aaah, I got chills when the choir-like buildup came in! The punchy snare/eletrotom in the more rhythmic parts has that classic sound to it that just blends so well. Overall I must applaud your choices of instruments and drums, everything really ties together perfectly for a memorable journey!

Thanks very much! I was struggling a bit with the lead sounds, I'm glad I found something passable in the end!

laguna wrote:

Really gorgeous melodies as usual. I personally, as a senior citizen wink, enjoy slower tempos when it comes to d'n'b beats, but that piano melody was so beautiful that I didn't mind in the slightest.

Thank you heart It was fun to try this out, but I think I'll be sticking around the 170's after all.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

such nice movement!

miraclemiles wrote:

Boom, lovely stuff. Uplifting.

Thanks very much for listening!

Pyure wrote:

Really liked the movement between the high energy and relaxed sections, they compliment each other beautifully.

Thank you heart I have a lot of ideas to try out that contrast piano & drums, hopefully they work out!

onlyjokinen wrote:

When the piano picks up after the middle section though! Killin' it as usual, well done.

heart Thanks for tuning in so much!

Ipaghost wrote:

Ayy, there it is heart Thanks for listening!

Ryan wrote:

You bring so much musicality to this genre.

Thank you!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Like the field recording sounds at the start, always find it challenging on how to start tracks, despite the frenetic pace still a very chilled out track.

Yeah haha too many of my songs are just a fade-in. Thanks for listening!

February 10, 2020 3:58 pm

This rocks. Love the up tempo while piano and flute melodies stay grounded (not rushed). Really uplifting sound. Drum and bass sounds are tight and super punchy too. Well done!

February 10, 2020 9:58 pm
NWSPR wrote:

This rocks. Love the up tempo while piano and flute melodies stay grounded (not rushed). Really uplifting sound. Drum and bass sounds are tight and super punchy too. Well done!

Thanks! I found it all pretty hard to balance at this tempo, so I'm glad you enjoyed!

February 11, 2020 7:24 am

I love this, even as I feel there's a fully acoustic song hidden in here that could be pulled out from the wonderfully balanced dnb.

February 12, 2020 12:29 am
scottux wrote:

I love this, even as I feel there's a fully acoustic song hidden in here that could be pulled out from the wonderfully balanced dnb.

Thanks! I agree, I'm sending this tune back to the drawing board for a complete overhaul. Working on new drums that let the melodies breathe a lot more!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up