WeeklyBeats.com / Music / hieme's music / Shattered Dreams of Ur

Shattered Dreams of Ur

By hieme on April 13, 2020 12:01 am

This needed just a couple more hours, was surfing the deadline so hard I actually went over this time. Thanks for listening!

April 20, 2020 12:22 am

That violin brought a tear to my eye. Loving those great melodies!

April 20, 2020 1:00 am

What would you have done it you had a couple more hours?

April 20, 2020 1:44 am

Damn, really good track. Certainly rocking those anime vibes on this one, throw some Japanese vocals over the top of it and it could definitely be the outro track for a show. Also, I really dig the tie in to your track from last week. It was like the prelude to this track in a really cool way smile. Your string arrangements are excellent.

April 20, 2020 1:56 am

Wow, loved this. Your piano work really is fantastic.

April 20, 2020 2:00 am

Especially sweet and inspiring melodies in this one!  Doesn't sound like it's wanting for time at all, though I've got no doubt you'd find a way to make it even more incredible with more hours.  This week and last got me curious, what're the stories behind the titles?

April 20, 2020 2:07 am
Mission Crossing wrote:

That violin brought a tear to my eye. Loving those great melodies!

Haha thank you, the violin is such a fun instrument to write for. Thanks for listening as usual heart

Modulated Drummer wrote:

What would you have done it you had a couple more hours?

Layering, leveling, filling in background details, more writing / some rewriting, working out the transitions properly. Hard to describe without writing a full paragraph lol. Cheers for listening!

ViridianLoom wrote:

Thank you very much! I definitely get a lot of inspiration from jpop and anime OST.

hent03 wrote:

Wow, loved this. Your piano work really is fantastic.

Thank you!

April 20, 2020 2:36 am
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Thank you so much heart It's nothing particularly concrete, I've just been on the Sumeria wikipedia train a ton recently. Sometimes I get an almost vertigo-like feeling thinking about the number of generations of people there were before even the Greeks and Romans, all with their own full and interesting lives.

April 20, 2020 2:40 am

Damn man, this is so cool.  Very well produced and arranged.  The contrast between all the parts adds so much.  The super busy drum beat behind the piano and violin sound awesome together too.

April 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Those drums bump this song to a whole new level. This is next tier man, great fucking job!

April 20, 2020 9:49 pm

April 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Beautiful. The ending progression is so good.

April 21, 2020 12:04 am

Awesome energy.  It really feels like soaring through the air.

April 21, 2020 12:16 am

Lovely. That melody has me floating. Oooh, now strings, wow! And that build hits huge, from floating to soaring! Nicely done this goes great places

April 21, 2020 11:15 am

Wow! outstanding effort. Love the strings makes everything so epic.

April 21, 2020 4:15 pm

oh my god so emotional and so energetic at the same time!! beautiful movements here. I'm surprised you think it needs more work but I know it'd be all the better if you say so too

April 22, 2020 9:48 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

Thanks! That sound is something a dnb artist called Feint was doing in 2011, I've been trying to replicate it the whole time I've been making music lmao. I think I'm finally getting close!

Jokinen wrote:

Thank you! I was really lucky with how the mix on those drums turned out. Cheers for listening heart

Ipaghost wrote:

danju wrote:

Beautiful. The ending progression is so good.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Awesome energy. It really feels like soaring through the air.

miraclemiles wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Wow! outstanding effort. Love the strings makes everything so epic.

Thanks a lot! Glad you guys enjoyed the strings and the second half, I'm really happy with how this mix ended up. Thanks for listening heart

scottux wrote:

Thank you! I typed that because of how crazy the deadline rush was this time, but I'm not sure I consider any of my tunes on wb this year 100% finished, although ironically this one is closer than most.

April 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Not much more to add to all the comments above, keep doing what you do, brilliant and emotional stuff, like that timepiece clicking away.

April 26, 2020 8:14 pm
Jason Nijjer wrote:

100% agree.  Faaaaaantastic piano and strings.  You have a real talent for creating beautiful soundscapes.  Love the subtle drums that come in at 1:06.  Really clever use of that stopwatch ticking too.

I can keep going if you want...there's so much to this.  Really nice work on this!!!

April 27, 2020 12:27 am
Jason Nijjer wrote:

coreytrev0r wrote:
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Thanks guys! I'm really glad you enjoyed this tune, it's a sound I've been trying to get for a while. Cheers for listening heart

April 28, 2020 1:45 pm

There is nothing more to say. Absolutely Perfect.

May 2, 2020 4:02 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

There is nothing more to say. Absolutely Perfect.

Thanks so much heart