Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / hieme's music / Rings of Ice

Rings of Ice

By hieme on March 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Channeling the inner Jerwuqu that lives deep inside every one of us.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 30, 2020 12:16 am

March 30, 2020 12:30 am

Even just that description got me excited.  This is a really neat blend of both your styles!

March 30, 2020 1:26 am

Very cool, your song development and arrangement is so great.  And I love that lead with the little slide in it that comes in right before the build up. 

March 30, 2020 2:52 am

Wow. Sick arps, and loving that signature airy hieme piano as usual smile. Great synthwork and arrangement!

March 30, 2020 4:08 am
Ipaghost wrote:

Yes perfect heart

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Even just that description got me excited.  This is a really neat blend of both your styles!

haha thanks, although I don't think my melodies are quite up to Jerwu's standard.

Chrisfoo wrote:

Very cool, your song development and arrangement is so great.  And I love that lead with the little slide in it that comes in right before the build up.

Thanks a lot!

Mission Crossing wrote:

Wow. Sick arps, and loving that signature airy hieme piano as usual smile. Great synthwork and arrangement!

Yeap, the day I don't have a piano in there somewhere will be a pretty odd one. Thanks for listening heart

March 30, 2020 9:37 am

This track really goes places in the second half. Love the way the melodies weave in and out. smile

March 30, 2020 1:56 pm

WOW. This was a good ride. Loved it.

March 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Holy crap, this slaps!! I love the well defined side-chaining/gating, it adds a really good momentum. With the beautiful melodies on top to boot! Reminds me a bit of Delirium in parts, hats off to you! this track makes me want to move heart

March 30, 2020 5:46 pm

I love the way your song develops! The sounds are so nicely pronunciated (is that even a word?) and it is amazing how beautifully this develops throughout ... I needed this smile

March 30, 2020 6:04 pm

great progression!

March 30, 2020 11:53 pm

really cool track, hieme.  love the gradual  buildup, and the exit is very pleasing as well

March 31, 2020 9:04 pm

Fucking hell this kicks ass

March 31, 2020 10:50 pm

Nice blend of delicate and beautiful piano with a massive club vibe.  And I agree awesome build.

April 1, 2020 5:50 pm
hent03 wrote:

This track really goes places in the second half. Love the way the melodies weave in and out. smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

WOW. This was a good ride. Loved it.

Cheers lads heart

Gab Manette wrote:

Holy crap, this slaps!! I love the well defined side-chaining/gating, it adds a really good momentum. With the beautiful melodies on top to boot! Reminds me a bit of Delirium in parts, hats off to you! this track makes me want to move <3

Haha thanks, glad you liked it. Doing that kind of huge sidechain is so much fun, I should do it more often.

dj someguy wrote:

I love the way your song develops! The sounds are so nicely pronunciated (is that even a word?) and it is amazing how beautifully this develops throughout ... I needed this smile

Haha pronunciation is actually a pretty great word for it. I get your meaning, and thanks very much!

Anthony D. wrote:

great progression!

demonzor wrote:

really cool track, hieme.  love the gradual  buildup, and the exit is very pleasing as well

Jokinen wrote:

Fucking hell this kicks ass

CosmicCairns wrote:

Nice blend of delicate and beautiful piano with a massive club vibe.  And I agree awesome build.

Thanks guys, I had so much fun with this I'll probably do something similar in the future. Cheers heart

April 2, 2020 3:43 am

Great ride for sure. It picks you up, spins you around and doesn't let go. Great mix and production as usual. That kick hits so good. Clean icy synths ... that build and drop was great. I need my ice skates. Actually perfect because it freaking snowed today ... but I got outside and walked around anyway, and this would be perfect soundtrack.

April 2, 2020 6:10 am

Very nice beat that pushes the song. And the break midpoint with its rise - very well done.

April 4, 2020 12:27 pm

I think this is the first time I have heard your tracks though headphones, it really made me appreciate your mixes even more.

April 5, 2020 5:36 pm

Love that fractured synth sound before the kicks come in, as always superb mixing, all the elements fit in so well and balance each other.

April 10, 2020 12:52 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Great ride for sure. It picks you up, spins you around and doesn't let go. Great mix and production as usual. That kick hits so good. Clean icy synths ... that build and drop was great. I need my ice skates. Actually perfect because it freaking snowed today ... but I got outside and walked around anyway, and this would be perfect soundtrack.

Thanks a lot! I EQ'd the kick so much during this haha, it took ages to get that kinda soft attack. Enjoy your snow! I'm pretty jealous of that, it's turning into Summer already here. Thanks for listening heart

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Very nice beat that pushes the song. And the break midpoint with its rise - very well done.

Thanks!

Ryan wrote:

I think this is the first time I have heard your tracks though headphones, it really made me appreciate your mixes even more.

Haha that might just be because it's my home turf - I don't have speakers at all so I'm always anxious there's some ridiculous thing I'm not picking up on my cans lol. Cheers for listening!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Love that fractured synth sound before the kicks come in, as always superb mixing, all the elements fit in so well and balance each other.

Thank you!

April 19, 2020 2:56 am

That's really sweet, all the elements fit really well. I love the 8bit-ish synth that comes in around 2min. What a jam, man that's smooth.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up