Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Neon Lens

By hieme on February 23, 2020 11:58 pm

Hey kid dya like resonance?

Had a little ambient thing ready because I was away down the country all weekend, but then decided to rush this one through instead. Dodgy as heck mastering. Big tune next week hopefully!!!!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 24, 2020 12:11 am

Always a pleasure to listen to your uploads, absolutely dreamy smile

February 24, 2020 12:12 am

Hey, the fact that you can come up with something this smooth and dynamic under time pressure is really cool!  Not sure why, but the contrast between the slow, pensive piano chords and the rapid beat feels especially effective in this track.

February 24, 2020 1:04 am

Very very cool. Really like the R&B drums and again your pianos with delay/reverbs are very nice. I wish I could play/compose that well. I like to hit on drums loud, this is what I do and I am not even great at that... lol. Thanks for the kind words on my track too! see you next week.

February 24, 2020 2:38 am

Aaah that vox adds some really nice sweetness! heart

February 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Love the way everything fits together in this track; particularly how the contrast of the drums and the piano at the beginning finds a harmony in the middle and ending. Awesome stuff.

February 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Daaamn, this is a rush job? I love it, it's beautiful. 10/10 outro

February 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Those drums. Absolutely fantastic!

February 25, 2020 3:07 am

Wow that really hit nicely! Love the way the bass rides and your immaculate melodies. Well done hieme! Makes me want to try something dnb style

February 25, 2020 3:57 pm

February 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Celestial sounds and good rhythmic energy.  I especially liked that bit of percussion before the main drumbeat came in. 

February 25, 2020 11:30 pm
Mortistar wrote:

Always a pleasure to listen to your uploads, absolutely dreamy smile

Gab Manette wrote:

Aaah that vox adds some really nice sweetness! <3

Thanks boys heart

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Hey, the fact that you can come up with something this smooth and dynamic under time pressure is really cool!  Not sure why, but the contrast between the slow, pensive piano chords and the rapid beat feels especially effective in this track.

Thanks! It was really hard to come up with drums for this, most ordinary dnb drums just sounded completely off.

djippy wrote:

Very very cool. Really like the R&B drums and again your pianos with delay/reverbs are very nice. I wish I could play/compose that well. I like to hit on drums loud, this is what I do and I am not even great at that... lol. Thanks for the kind words on my track too! see you next week.

Haha thank you very much! I've been trying to improve my composition a lot this year, so every morning as part of my routine I write a new piano phrase for 20mns. It's a great space to improve and try out new ideas with zero pressure, since tis' only 20mns - the vast majority of them never get touched again. Could be worth a try! Thanks for listening heart

hent03 wrote:

Love the way everything fits together in this track; particularly how the contrast of the drums and the piano at the beginning finds a harmony in the middle and ending. Awesome stuff.

Haha I never thought of it that way, that's a very cool idea! Thank you heart

mikememo wrote:

Daaamn, this is a rush job? I love it, it's beautiful. 10/10 outro

Thank you heart Yes and no, this was already a sketch before I got to it, but I was certainly cramming stuff in towards the deadline time. Thanks for listening!

Jokinen wrote:

Those drums. Absolutely fantastic!

Thanks heart

ngineer wrote:

Wow that really hit nicely! Love the way the bass rides and your immaculate melodies. Well done hieme! Makes me want to try something dnb style

Thank you! Go for it! It's a really fun genre to make, lots of energy and cool rhythms to play with.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Thanks for listening heart

CosmicCairns wrote:

Celestial sounds and good rhythmic energy. I especially liked that bit of percussion before the main drumbeat came in.

Thank you! Yeah, there's nothing quite like the classic breaks, absolutely timeless and so versatile.

February 26, 2020 9:48 pm

February 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Very good! Piano melody and the background sounds compliment each other very nicely. Great beat and percussions too. Excellent job as always!

February 29, 2020 5:15 am

Well yes, we do fancy some resonance! Pretty melody, very nice. Goodness good.

March 1, 2020 11:22 am

beautiful. well done.

March 1, 2020 4:15 pm

This was so good Hieme. Well done on the liquid funk smile

March 1, 2020 11:43 pm

Love the soft bass, snappy drums, and the chilled airy atmosphere. The percussion is particularly catchy to me in this one. Beautiful tune

March 2, 2020 10:28 am

Great as always. Mix sounds top notch to me.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up