WeeklyBeats.com / Music / hieme's music / Lament for a Broken Song

Lament for a Broken Song

By hieme on May 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Hey guys!
This week was a bit of a comedy of errors for me. I had an idea I really like this weekend, where I used AlterEgo's Daisy vocaloid to sing like in an old song of mine called Helium. Unfortunately, a couple hours ago the plugin crashed, and so I lost all of my settings and lyrics sad I can reprogram them, but it would have taken too long for this week's tune. I tried using some other vocals instead but nothing really felt right, and the tune started going seriously off the rails.
So instead I came up with this half improvisation as an ode to my wayward song heart

Thanks for listening as usual, I love you all heart

May 14, 2018 1:54 am

All this in a couple of hours?  It's incredible how resilient you can be with such a short turnaround time!
The track itself is beautiful too.

May 14, 2018 9:14 am

Ahw no! Sucks losing your work due to some technical error! hmm

Beautiful piano work though, Hieme heart Nice job on keeping the accompaniment interesting throughout by switching patterns and such.

(And I can never get my reverbs right on solo piano, this is gorgeous.)

May 14, 2018 10:02 am

Everything you make sounds like sad anime ost, and trust me that's a really really good thing heart

May 14, 2018 10:39 am
antler wrote:

(And I can never get my reverbs right on solo piano, this is gorgeous.)

Valhalla Vintage my dude, one of the best 50$ I've spent in my life. Cannot recommend it highly enough!

May 14, 2018 10:57 am
hieme wrote:
antler wrote:

(And I can never get my reverbs right on solo piano, this is gorgeous.)

Right, I've thought about getting Valhalla stuff before. Next time I do DAW tracks I'll just go out and buy that. Great business philosophy as well, Valhalla.

May 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Great save, and an excellent piece.

Daisy's a bit wonky for sure; plus my copy has everything in French, of which I have only a rudimentary knowledge ::)

May 15, 2018 5:21 am

This is not the greatest song in the world, this is just a lament.

It's very pretty, though you should probably trim the silence at the end.

May 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Thinking on your feet there, good on ya! sucks that you lost material. but on the bright side. this beautiful piece wouldn't have existed because of it. *YO

May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

I could definitely hear this in a JRPG game. The piano in the end was very beautiful.

May 17, 2018 2:04 am

A calm song, it is good!

I am sad that I can not hear the version using AlterEgo's

May 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Very powerful emotion on this! Great thick piano sound, real lovely.

May 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Man this beautyfull!
I feel for you loosing your hard work.
But i am really glad that i had the chance to hear tihs big_smile

May 19, 2018 7:25 pm

how frustrating!  but you got something beautiful out of it anyway - what a pretty piece!

May 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Bah technology is the worst! Great work with producing this lovely improvisation, stunning.

July 12, 2018 1:30 pm
Mortistar wrote:

Everything you make sounds like sad anime ost, and trust me that's a really really good thing <3

This simply sounds FUCKING AMAZING!!! Sorry for the lost song, though I'm glad you gave us this piano piece