Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Komnenos

By hieme on June 21, 2020 11:15 pm

Sorry this is so short! Didn't get much time to work on the second half, sadly. We'll get em next time.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 22, 2020 12:09 am

Very subversive and cool! Great melodies as always. The piano hook is especially catchy.

June 22, 2020 12:53 am

This is the type of song people who would love playing on extreme mode of DDR.
I already saw the arrows flying through in my head.

June 22, 2020 12:55 am

I always hate it when I have a good track for WB and can't finish it by the deadline. Awesome work on this, I love how intricate your melodies have become.

June 22, 2020 2:08 am

Total second danju on this one haha. Might have run out of time, but really great work on developing a great melody. smile

June 22, 2020 2:27 am

This gets pretty intense there for a little bit, kinda caught me off guard.  Cool stuff as usual though, that transition at 0:52 is awesome.  The chord progression really goes in a cool direction.

June 22, 2020 2:55 am

Short but great. Multiple parts, transposition, outrow, damn there is more stuff on your 1mins songs then on my 4mins ones... Lol

June 22, 2020 5:01 am

Pretty damn rad for being a short one. Traverses quite a bit of ground in a short amount of time.

June 22, 2020 12:30 pm

so exciting in such a short time. Very good track.

June 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanks hieme, very cool

Missing the big climax but very nice overall

June 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Killer drive with a great piano bridge. Def too short but I like that outro pad fade.  Nice work and definitely could make a reappearance in a longer form in the future smile

June 22, 2020 6:42 pm

I think I say this on all of your tracks but I'm always amazed by your ability to create great soundscapes.  This one seems a bit faster paced than your usual and I really dig it.  nice work

June 22, 2020 7:15 pm

It really does cover a lot in its runtime.  There are several distinct moods that are hit.  It could probably be expanded into something bigger, but it works as is.

June 24, 2020 1:42 am
danju wrote:

This is the type of song people who would love playing on extreme mode of DDR.
I already saw the arrows flying through in my head.

This legit made me lol. Damn it, I thought I was over my post-DDR/Guitar Hero stress disorder. Now dots and arrows are going to be flying in my dreams again.

June 24, 2020 4:09 am

love how every note always has a place and everything works together. The way this comes to an end is really nice, too.

June 28, 2020 6:27 pm


had to google the title - fascinating...

July 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Very subversive and cool! Great melodies as always. The piano hook is especially catchy.

danju wrote:

This is the type of song people who would love playing on extreme mode of DDR.
I already saw the arrows flying through in my head.

Mission Crossing wrote:

I always hate it when I have a good track for WB and can't finish it by the deadline. Awesome work on this, I love how intricate your melodies have become.

hent03 wrote:

Total second danju on this one haha. Might have run out of time, but really great work on developing a great melody. smile

Chrisfoo wrote:

This gets pretty intense there for a little bit, kinda caught me off guard.  Cool stuff as usual though, that transition at 0:52 is awesome.  The chord progression really goes in a cool direction.

djippy wrote:

Short but great. Multiple parts, transposition, outrow, damn there is more stuff on your 1mins songs then on my 4mins ones... Lol

ViridianLoom wrote:

Pretty damn rad for being a short one. Traverses quite a bit of ground in a short amount of time.

Q-Rosh wrote:

so exciting in such a short time. Very good track.

Thanks a lot! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, I love higher energy tunes like this. Cheers for listening heart

JerwuQu wrote:

Thanks hieme, very cool

Missing the big climax but very nice overall

no u

NWSPR wrote:

Killer drive with a great piano bridge. Def too short but I like that outro pad fade.  Nice work and definitely could make a reappearance in a longer form in the future smile

Thanks! I definitely hope to make it longer at least!

coreytrev0r wrote:

I think I say this on all of your tracks but I'm always amazed by your ability to create great soundscapes.  This one seems a bit faster paced than your usual and I really dig it.  nice work

Thank you heart heart heart

CosmicCairns wrote:

It really does cover a lot in its runtime.  There are several distinct moods that are hit. It could probably be expanded into something bigger, but it works as is.

Saucey-dough wrote:
danju wrote:

This is the type of song people who would love playing on extreme mode of DDR.
I already saw the arrows flying through in my head.

This legit made me lol. Damn it, I thought I was over my post-DDR/Guitar Hero stress disorder. Now dots and arrows are going to be flying in my dreams again.

codydjango wrote:

love how every note always has a place and everything works together. The way this comes to an end is really nice, too.

emily wrote:


had to google the title - fascinating...

Thanks heart Once again appreciate the listen heart


You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up