Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / hieme's music / Sapphire Oscillator

Sapphire Oscillator

By hieme on January 12, 2020 11:58 pm

Hey!

Was a bit caught for time this week, would have loved to polish this a bit more, especially the second half.

Shout out to some 2018 friends who don't seem to have made it back this year - Antler, Jim Wood, strolts, Gabageuse, halfbyte, user agent and ninjabaka, hope you're all doing well heart

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 13, 2020 12:05 am

dreamy~

January 13, 2020 12:05 am

Would love to learn more about the strings and vocals in this track - they blend really well together!
(Neat titles for both this week and last week, by the way!)

January 13, 2020 12:35 am

hot damn, great listen

January 13, 2020 1:03 am

great work. I was listening to https://weeklybeats.com/starpause/music/woffle-stamp before this and it was a great transition

January 13, 2020 1:12 am

January 13, 2020 1:29 am

Maybe "barely d'n'b"... really gorgeous anyway. Very Studio Gilby / Miyazaki... and gorgeous title.

Superb as usual smile

BTW Ninjabaka keeps posting on Youtube from time to time (still rockin' the synthy 80s)

January 13, 2020 1:42 am

WOW! Super expressive and everything just flows so well, beautiful tune heart

January 13, 2020 2:22 am

This is awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to make the track?

January 13, 2020 5:12 am

Love that piano! Always a treat smile

January 13, 2020 11:44 am

Good work on the shout outs I miss those folks too.

I really like the instrumentation in this one, everything has its own clear purpose in the song and everything can be heard and appreciated in it's own way. A joy to listen to.

January 13, 2020 12:29 pm
JerwuQu wrote:

dreamy~

You're dreamy wink

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Would love to learn more about the strings and vocals in this track - they blend really well together! (Neat titles for both this week and last week, by the way!)

Thanks, I'm planning to continue the titles in this theme! The violin + vocaloid is all about layering and balancing with reverb, EQ and leveling. Hit me up on discord for more detail if you're interested smile

demonzor wrote:

hot damn, great listen

Thank you!

leafo wrote:

great work. I was listening to https://weeklybeats.com/starpause/music/woffle-stamp before this and it was a great transition

Starpause is great, I can see that transition working! Thanks for listening heart

Ipaghost wrote:

heart

laguna wrote:

Maybe "barely d'n'b"... really gorgeous anyway. Very Studio Gilby / Miyazaki... and gorgeous title. Superb as usual smile
BTW Ninjabaka keeps posting on Youtube from time to time (still rockin' the synthy 80s)

Thank you, you're too generous as usual heart I'll have to wander over to yt and see how he's doing, thanks for the heads up!

Mortistar wrote:

WOW! Super expressive and everything just flows so well, beautiful tune <3

Thank you! Thanks for tuning in heart

hent03 wrote:

This is awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to make the track?

Thank you very much! I used mostly SoniVox's Orchestral Companion strings, Pianoteq 6, NI Massive and AlterEgo, all in FL Studio 20 smile

Mission Crossing wrote:

Love that piano! Always a treat smile

Thanks for listening! heart

Ryan wrote:

Good work on the shout outs I miss those folks too.
I really like the instrumentation in this one, everything has its own clear purpose in the song and everything can be heard and appreciated in it's own way. A joy to listen to.

Thanks, I really want to work on mixing up my instrumentation, hopefully I can keep everything in line going forward. Thanks for tuning in! heart

January 13, 2020 1:18 pm

lushhh

January 13, 2020 3:16 pm

I love the pairing of the serene, airy melody with the super rhythmic drums coming and going. Feels like flying really high then skirting mountains and lakes with great speed.

January 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Wow, I really liked your first track, and I do like this one a lot too. And again, big fan of the piano. Can I ask which piano vst you are using? I love how bright it is, you use a great reverb on it too. Excellent!

January 13, 2020 7:30 pm

When those hi-hats kick in, yessss. Chill but so up-beat.

January 13, 2020 7:45 pm

so beautiful, you melt strings, vocals, pianolines and chords into the freshest breeze. A+++

January 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Such a lovely atmosphere. Love the crisp percussion and the soft drifting tone of the melody. Your music continually motivates me to improve, I'd love to make songs as emotional and charming as yours.

January 14, 2020 12:22 am

Nobody else makes consistently beautiful tracks like you, I am all over this aesthetic!

January 14, 2020 3:50 pm

This is a beautiful track... lush and pretty and... it gives me the feels.

January 14, 2020 9:35 pm

This track is gorgeous! Name is perfect too, was getting images of crystals in my head before I even read it!

January 15, 2020 12:02 am

Another lovely one! I echo the words of the above commenters, lush, beauty, cinematic, all that. Crystal clear mix too, wow. Much feelz here!

January 15, 2020 9:04 am

Just lovely!
Your String are real nice in sound!

January 15, 2020 4:39 pm

  lovely polished sapphire oscillator!  you are the master at mastering! 

January 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Dream 'n' Bass
heart

January 17, 2020 5:07 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

I love the pairing of the serene, airy melody with the super rhythmic drums coming and going. Feels like flying really high then skirting mountains and lakes with great speed.

Thanks man, I love it when people comment with an image they had. smile Cheers for listening!

djippy wrote:

Wow, I really liked your first track, and I do like this one a lot too. And again, big fan of the piano. Can I ask which piano vst you are using? I love how bright it is, you use a great reverb on it too. Excellent!

Thank you! I use pianoteq 6, which has its quirks but I'm pretty used to it at this point. Agreed, the brightness on some of the presets is really nice. Reverb is Valhalla Vintage, 10/10 incredible plugin.

Pyure wrote:

Such a lovely atmosphere. Love the crisp percussion and the soft drifting tone of the melody. Your music continually motivates me to improve, I'd love to make songs as emotional and charming as yours.

Thank you so much! I'm really happy to hear that. If you want to know anything about my writing or mixing techniques let me know. I'd be very happy to share the six or seven things I know how to do in FL 20 lol

Judgement Act wrote:

Nobody else makes consistently beautiful tracks like you, I am all over this aesthetic

Your comments are so good, idk how you do it. Thanks heart heart heart

DataJanitor wrote:

This is a beautiful track... lush and pretty and... it gives me the feels.

Thank you so much! Really glad you enjoyed it smile

scottux wrote:

This track is gorgeous! Name is perfect too, was getting images of crystals in my head before I even read it!

Haha nice, I find them really interesting and inspiring. Sapphire is just a pretty word too. Thanks for listening!

miraclemiles wrote:

Another lovely one! I echo the words of the above commenters, lush, beauty, cinematic, all that. Crystal clear mix too, wow. Much feelz here!

Thank you!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

lovely polished sapphire oscillator! you are the master at mastering!

Haha I wouldn't go that far! Thanks for listening heart

January 17, 2020 5:09 pm
joshvishnu wrote:

lushhh

onlyjokinen wrote:

When those hi-hats kick in, yessss. Chill but so up-beat.

Q-Rosh wrote:

so beautiful, you melt strings, vocals, pianolines and chords into the freshest breeze. A+++

theGuen wrote:

Just lovely! Your String are real nice in sound!

slutdragon wrote:

Dream 'n' Bass <3

Thanks for listening heart heart heart

January 17, 2020 9:21 pm

Makes me wanna go on an epic quest to save the world from an ancient evil. This is definitely my favorite track this year.

January 18, 2020 3:28 am

Like when that wall of strings hits you, this is great stuff, keep it coming!

January 18, 2020 3:47 pm

heart:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

January 19, 2020 11:51 pm
ecso wrote:

Makes me wanna go on an epic quest to save the world from an ancient evil. This is definitely my favorite track this year.

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed smile

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Like when that wall of strings hits you, this is great stuff, keep it coming!

Thank you, I'll do my best lol heart

amalgam_oh wrote:

heart:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

heart heart heart

January 26, 2020 3:39 am

This tune is so natural feeling, simply beautiful. keep up the great work.

Yesterday 11:41 am
franky wrote:

This tune is so natural feeling, simply beautiful. keep up the great work.

Thanks a lot heart I really appreciate the listen, I'm glad you enjoyed!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up